MedRite Miami - UK Visitor

Sam D

UK traveller here. I need a PCR test for my unvaccinated child. There is a medrite urgent care 10 minute walk from our hotel in Miami Beach. Does anyone recommend this company?

also It implies the covid tests are free, is this only for US insured residents?

2 hours ago, Sam D said:

UK traveller here. I need a PCR test for my unvaccinated child. There is a medrite urgent care 10 minute walk from our hotel in Miami Beach. Does anyone recommend this company?

also It implies the covid tests are free, is this only for US insured residents?

Usually when they say "no out of pocket costs" that means with an accepted insurance. Typically that will mean a US insurance provider, so likely there will be a cost to you.

I have not used this particular company, but they are a large, multi-state operation with good reviews so I would not hesitate to use them if I were you.

We were in South Beach Miami and required a RT-PCR to get home. We initailly went to a free clinic but they did not have the required details on the email, so I went to Fast Test. They cost us $149 USD but had the QR code and all the required details to allow us to travel back to Australia. 

1 hour ago, CruisingOz said:

We were in South Beach Miami and required a RT-PCR to get home. We initailly went to a free clinic but they did not have the required details on the email, so I went to Fast Test. They cost us $149 USD but had the QR code and all the required details to allow us to travel back to Australia. 

Thanks,

Was this ‘Fast Test Now’ in Miami South Beach?

What details was missing from a free testing site?

We had to have the test to fly home to Australoa via Qantas. We were lucky with the ships requirements as our cruises were all within a day so Royal provided all the tests as needed, but we had a fiv day gap to fly home so needed one with in the three day window. 

The free tests did not have an area for passport details and nationality. We managed to have them put on the form but only as employee ID. It had no QR code and did not correctly report all the required test details. Only really that we ere negative. At the time we had to have certain details our Government needed. In Australia the government has a Smarttraveeller website which showed the right and wrong report, and the free one looked very much like the wrong report, so we did not want to risk it for a nominal cost

18 hours ago, thedarkknight228 said:

Just curious do you yourself not need to get a PCR test to board the ship or do you already have one and just need one for your unvaccinated child? 

Yes, but only a rapid flow test which are easier to come by.