excursions (I didnt plan any yet)

2ball

8 day cruise, only 4 stops.

one is Cococay,so  I dont need help for that one.

three left 

San Juan

Phillipsburg, st Maarten

Basseterre, St Kitts

I would be happy going to a beach area on my own on most ports and changing up if there is bad weather. 

I've read in Phillipsburg I can walk to the beach, is that true?  probably on all of them I can take a taxi to a beach?

I may book the ATV tour in St Kitts.  any other suggestions on what to do, or direction on how to do excursions on the fly?   

and I can get off the ship with out a pre booked excursion right?

At San Juan we have walked downtown and browsed the shops, done self-guided tours of the fort, and tried the rainforest excursion.  That last one was under-whelming although you see some of the island.  

At St. Maarten, we enjoyed a tasting excursion that visited both sides of the island (appetizer at cheese and wine shop, lunch, and then dessert stops).

Have a great trip!

In St. Maarten, I recently took the "Ultimate Island Tour:  Explorer Cruise and Island Tour" excursion purchased via the Cruise Planner.  Cost was $69.00 per adult.  It was a guided bus tour around the Dutch and French sides of the island with our friendly and knowledgeable local tour guide narrating along the way.  After the "circle the island" type tour, we got on the "Explorer" powered catamaran for a narrated tour around the bay.  It was a nice and informative tour with friendly and knowledgeable tour guides.  However, there were no opportunities at all for shopping or anything; the entire tour was spent on the bus, and on the catamaran.  So if you want to see the island and learn the history and see some sights, it's a good tour.  But don't expect to go walking around or shopping; it's just bus & boat riding.

2022-02-27 16.25.11.jpg

2022-03-02 10.31.07.jpg

2022-03-02 10.40.47.jpg

2022-03-02 11.11.19.jpg

On 3/12/2022 at 3:58 PM, 2ball said:

I've read in Phillipsburg I can walk to the beach, is that true?  probably on all of them I can take a taxi to a beach?

Yes, you can walk to Great Bay Beach from the cruise port or you can take the water taxi ($) as a shortcut.  From this beach you can look back at the cruise ports. There are a lot of beachfront bars, restaurants and hotels that will rent you chairs and umbrellas. The beachfront parallels Front Street which is the main shopping area just a block off the beach. It's not the best beach in the world, but it's convenient.

A lot of folks like the novelty of Maho Beach which is at the foot of the runway of the airport. The planes fly over the beach as they land. You would need a taxi to get out there.