Customer Serice sure has tanked on Royal.

Got a notice from sea2air that my flight out of Anchorage has changed from Saturday morning to Friday evening. Won’t be in Anchorage until Saturday. So I call see2air. On hold 2+ hours before I had to leave for an appointment. Been cruising with Royal since 1992 and have never been on hold longer than 30min. 45A098D1-2D72-49BB-B504-63E780C19206.thumb.png.d325cb0b6c721ad4f265326e3e1fe41c.png

39 minutes ago, teddy said:

The service industry as a whole is suffering and it feels like the majority of consumers don’t realize how bad it is  

I second that but 100 times worse.  I can't think of a business that I have dealt with that hasn't disappointed me in the past couple of year and maybe longer.  I'm not going to rant here but I hate what is going on!   BTW, I come from the service/hospitality industry.

To put the issue in perspective, we recently had a four-hour wait for a call-back from an airline that arbitrarily changed flight to a day later.  Just think how much we would appreciate any company that could return to a decent level of service!  Maybe Royal Caribbean will listen to us (Matt: can you help)?  

Royal customer service got far, far better once I started using a travel agent. Now she gets to deal with them and I don't have to make the phone calls.

I have never used Air2Sea but all I've heard is how difficult it is to get anything done with them so I don't even consider them on the occasional times I would be flying for a cruise.

29 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Royal customer service got far, far better once I started using a travel agent. Now she gets to deal with them and I don't have to make the phone calls.

I have never used Air2Sea but all I've heard is how difficult it is to get anything done with them so I don't even consider them on the occasional times I would be flying for a cruise.

Agree about the travel agent. 

On air2sea, I can't say enough good things about them. They've saved me from 2 serious jams this year! Getting through has generally been good, but the last time I called it was a long, long, long wait.

They've always answered their emergency line promptly,  but I only use it for emergencies. 

I've only had 1 experience with A2S and that involved a reservation to/from Barbados for a Grandeur cruise (2-20-22) which we subsequently cancelled.  I was SOOOO glad that I had a rez through A2S rather than having made it directly with the airline.  Since we had not paid for the airline rez yet, the cancellation resulted in NO cruise or airline credits.  We got all of our money back and no penalty for the cancellation(s).  I was glad I had used A2S.

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I've only had 1 experience with A2S and that involved a reservation to/from Barbados for a Grandeur cruise (2-20-22) which we subsequently cancelled.  I was SOOOO glad that I had a rez through A2S rather than having made it directly with the airline.  Since we had not paid for the airline rez yet, the cancellation resulted in NO cruise or airline credits.  We got all of our money back and no penalty for the cancellation(s).  I was glad I had used A2S.

Ill be on that cruise.. B2B 4 weeks.  Sorry you had to cancel. Air2Sea was a great experience for me. Lowest price too.

21 hours ago, Ohioauction said:

Got a notice from sea2air that my flight out of Anchorage has changed from Saturday morning to Friday evening. Won’t be in Anchorage until Saturday. So I call see2air. On hold 2+ hours before I had to leave for an appointment. Been cruising with Royal since 1992 and have never been on hold longer than 30min. 45A098D1-2D72-49BB-B504-63E780C19206.thumb.png.d325cb0b6c721ad4f265326e3e1fe41c.png

I call first thing early mornings. Never on a weekend night.  Pandemic has caused lack of people issues across the board.