End of cruise cabin exit time

whitsmom

What time does everyone have to be out of the cabin at the end of the cruise?  I thought it was early but I cannot remember for the life of me.  My son-n-law and I were talking about when to disembark.  Our flight isn't until 4:40 pm; however, if we have to get out of the cabin early then we might as well leave and go pick up our rental than to sit around the ship just waiting to leave. 

I don't know if there is a universal time about when you have to be out of the room by.  Usually it's all communicated in the final day cruise compass that will be in your stateroom.  

In my experience, they are pretty adamant about getting you out of the room.  If you don't put up a Do Not Disturb sign on your door the night before, expect a lot of knocking to see if you are still there.

From what I can remember, its about 9:30 am that the last "group" is scheduled to leave the ship.....so it defn wouldn't be later than 10am...and really its a madhouse that last morning trying to do anything or go anywhere on the ship.

If you have a rental car waiting, I would get off the ship when its convenient for you and then take 3 or 4 hours to enjoy some sightseeing or an excursion to kill the time till you need to show up to the airport.

You can choose the option to take your own luggage off the ship, if you feel that you can do that. You will be the first passengers off when it clears customs. On my last cruise in November passengers lined up on Deck 5 starting at 7 am, the crew tried to stop them, but when you have a stampede, five crew members can't control them. The line started at the elevators (blocking them so passengers couldn't get on or off) and went around the whole ship, almost back to the elevators. What was funny, there was a problem with customs and the very first passengers in line stood there until 9 am before they could disembark. If I could drag my large suitcase I would do the self disembarkation.