Best beach excursion for St Maarten

CAMAM

We are cruising on Symphony of the Seas in May and have never been to St Maarten.  Looking for just a beach day (all adults traveling).  Mullet Bay, Simpson Bay (buccaneer Beach) or Kim Sha Beach (I didn't include Orient Beach because recent reviews seem to say its still recovering from hurricane).  Thanks in advance.  Mullet Bay is an afternoon excursion so wondering if it will be crowded.  

6 hours ago, CAMAM said:

We are cruising on Symphony of the Seas in May and have never been to St Maarten.  Looking for just a beach day (all adults traveling).  Mullet Bay, Simpson Bay (buccaneer Beach) or Kim Sha Beach (I didn't include Orient Beach because recent reviews seem to say its still recovering from hurricane).  Thanks in advance.  Mullet Bay is an afternoon excursion so wondering if it will be crowded.  

Are you wanting to do the excursion through the ship or on your own?  I would HIGHLY recommend grabbing chairs at Rainbow Cafe in Grand Case.  Take a taxi from cruise port, Rainbow will order you a taxi to return.  It is about 20-30 min ride.  Leave some extra time on return as there can sometimes be traffic.  Orient beach is ok since hurricane, but it is usually windy therefore not my favorite.  We just returned from our 5th time to Grand Case and love it more every time we go.

On 3/12/2022 at 5:46 PM, Globally Crafted Travel said:

Are you wanting to do the excursion through the ship or on your own?  I would HIGHLY recommend grabbing chairs at Rainbow Cafe in Grand Case.  Take a taxi from cruise port, Rainbow will order you a taxi to return.  It is about 20-30 min ride.  Leave some extra time on return as there can sometimes be traffic.  Orient beach is ok since hurricane, but it is usually windy therefore not my favorite.  We just returned from our 5th time to Grand Case and love it more every time we go.

We usually like to do a ship excursions, so I don't have to worry about getting back to the ship on time!  Thanks for the suggestion, we'll definitely look into it!  So Orient beach is not a great swimming beach?

Thank you so much for your reply!   You really like Orient Beach?  Some recent reviews thought it was still not back to normal after the hurricane.  I appreciate your feedback!!!  I have a husband and 2 college aged sons who need a good beach to play in the water (they don't like to lay on the beach).  Any snorkeling there?

Not really a beach excursion but we did Captain Bob's 6 hour boat ride around the island.  3 different snorkeling spots, lunch break at a beautiful beach, and watched the airplanes fly directly over our heads about 100 yards from Maho Beach.   

• 1 month later...

Just take a 10-15 minute walk (or the water taxi) to Great Bay beach.  Rent a couple of loungers & umbrellas & chill out.  You can see the ship from the beach!  Had a great time, restaurant sent menus & delivered lunch, shopping right behind you.  And you don’t have to pay for an excursion!  It cost us, with tip, $122 for 4 loungers, 2 umbrellas, 10 waters/cans of soda, delicious lunch, for 4 people.  

016D75FC-D312-4683-9919-989B0FF28592.jpeg