IN A REFUND RIGAMAROLE..

HI all,

I am hoping someone will have some insight/advice/ect into my situation.   My family and I are booked on a cruise for April 17th 2022. My 12 year old son is not vaccinated. We booked a non refundable deposit way back in 2019 and after several cancellations on ROYALS side due to COVID, we are now booked for this cruise an cannot go on it due to my sons vaccination status. I have found this "Royal Promise" document online (see link below) and the date only extends to  APRIL 14th 2020.  We are hoping that it gets extended so we can get a refund.  We have been checking daily.   Is there any other "COVID policies" that anyone could direct me to for my situation? We have about 1500 tied up in this cruise payment and we really want a refund.  

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/RTS_FAQs.pdf

We are waiting to see if they extend this policy but we have a feeling it will not be extended until AFTER our final payment is due which is on MARCH 18th...

Thanks in advance for any input on this. 

Most of the time it's pretty tough to get a refund especially after getting FCC's.  And remember that if you do get a refund and had FCC's they will be dropped down to the original amount paid, so basically if you paid 500 and got a FCC for 625 you will only get 500 back.  

With that said going forward for the foreseeable future everyone 11 and older will have to be vaccinated on cruises unless you find a line that didn't sign up for the highly vaccinated plan.  I also doubt they are going to extend anything other than the "if you catch COVID" section for refunds and FCC's.  I haven't read it all but I get the idea and that is if you make a choice to not be vaccinated you are eventually risking deposits unless you chose a refundable version.  Hopefully you have a travel agent to deal with things though, if you have to deal with it all yourself prepare to pull your hair out now.  

And I wish you the best of luck but have to warn you that you probably will not like the results if you put in a non refundable deposit.

4 hours ago, Huntr104 said:

HI all,

I am hoping someone will have some insight/advice/ect into my situation.   My family and I are booked on a cruise for April 17th 2022. My 12 year old son is not vaccinated. We booked a non refundable deposit way back in 2019 and after several cancellations on ROYALS side due to COVID, we are now booked for this cruise an cannot go on it due to my sons vaccination status. I have found this "Royal Promise" document online (see link below) and the date only extends to  APRIL 14th 2020.  We are hoping that it gets extended so we can get a refund.  We have been checking daily.   Is there any other "COVID policies" that anyone could direct me to for my situation? We have about 1500 tied up in this cruise payment and we really want a refund.  

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/RTS_FAQs.pdf

We are waiting to see if they extend this policy but we have a feeling it will not be extended until AFTER our final payment is due which is on MARCH 18th...

Thanks in advance for any input on this. 

I can give some insight, going through similar situation. I actually got them to refund our $1000 deposit back when I called yesterday. I’m just a little skeptical because she said the refund will take 30-45 days to be put back into my account and was given no reference number or cancelation email, she just said I can call back with original booking number to track the refund. I was told to call this number 1-800-205-9812 and they agreed to refund due to similar vax situation for cruise I had booked for end of April. Best of luck to you hope it works for you as well.

On 3/12/2022 at 3:33 PM, SeekingSun said:

I can give some insight, going through similar situation. I actually got them to refund our $1000 deposit back when I called yesterday. I’m just a little skeptical because she said the refund will take 30-45 days to be put back into my account and was given no reference number or cancelation email, she just said I can call back with original booking number to track the refund. I was told to call this number 1-800-205-9812 and they agreed to refund due to similar vax situation for cruise I had booked for end of April. Best of luck to you hope it works for you as well.

Your cruise was for the end of this April and they gave you a refund?  

Yes. The rep said my $1000 deposit was going to be refunded. Like I said I’m skeptical only because in the past they said it was only for future cruise credit but she literally said it would be refunded to original form of payment, so I’ll wait and see. Still have not received a cancellation email or anything confirming it but I did take down her name and will reference that call if I have any issues! 

2 hours ago, SeekingSun said:

Yes. The rep said my $1000 deposit was going to be refunded. Like I said I’m skeptical only because in the past they said it was only for future cruise credit but she literally said it would be refunded to original form of payment, so I’ll wait and see. Still have not received a cancellation email or anything confirming it but I did take down her name and will reference that call if I have any issues! 

Did you use FCC to book or pay for your cruise?