Cabin Location Question

I believe their could be any/all of what has been brought up here.  In any case, I'd avoid them just in case they are mechanical or elevators for the crew.  The crew works all hours of the day/night.  JMHO

P.S.  I wouldn't chose a cabin below a deck that has any type of chairs above it, a dance floor above it, or a galley/kitchen/snack bar above it.

That's the area behind the living wall in Central Park. There are some crew areas back there. 

The rooms ending in 229 and 629 have larger balconies. I have stayed in one of these before and would not hesitate to stay in one again.  I did hear sound from that gray area in the mornings, but I was awake already. 

8 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

That's the area behind the living wall in Central Park. There are some crew areas back there. 

The rooms ending in 229 and 629 have larger balconies. I have stayed in one of these before and would not hesitate to stay in one again.  I did hear sound from that gray area in the mornings, but I was awake already. 

Thanks for this. Do you recall what time that sound was going on? I'm up at 5:30.

12 minutes ago, TwoTexans said:

Thanks for this. Do you recall what time that sound was going on? I'm up at 5:30.

It definitely wasn't that early since I'm never up that early. But in the mornings was the only time I really heard it. I'm not a light sleeper whatsoever so it could have been going all morning long and I wouldn't have known. 

I can't easily check but if the gray area goes down the entire ship in the same area it could be crew elevator and stairs which would explain the noise being room service carts in the morning.

I booked a cabin with a grey area next to it and found out it was the working area for staff.  When the ship started rolling in the middle of the Atlantic things started sliding across the floor and hitting the walls.  It was not a good night's sleep.  Sence then I do not book with grey areas unless I know for sure what they are.

• 2 years later...