Bluetooth Speaker: to be or not be "that guy"?

TwoTexans

Eastern Caribbean itinerary: PR, St. M, St. K, and Coco Cay.

I have a Bluetooth speaker that I usually travel with, but I'm conscious of the line between enjoying my music and noise pollution. I don't want to be "that guy" but I also love listening to summer beach music while on a beach! I'm torn.

Thoughts? Are there areas in Coco Cay that would warrant the speaker? Does Coco Cay pump music throughout the island, making it pointless to bring something to compete with the island music? I know the obvious: bring it, and keep the volume at a level that respects those around me. I'm asking about the presence of competing with other music, or breaking an unspoken rule such as "this beach area is supposed to be the quiet area, that beach area is for the speaker people"

How about at the other ports? Will this just be additional weight and a liability in my bag? Plans to beach it up at St. Maarten, and to hike in St. Kitts.

Speaker: altec Lansing boom jacket, approx. 6*2*2, 5lbs, waterproof, exclusively plays Zak Brown, Morgan Wallen, and assoc.s 😛

n.b. I'm just excited for my cruise and looking for a way to help pass the time before departure 🙂

• TwoTexans changed the title to Bluetooth Speaker: to be or not be "that guy"?

around the ship and on the pool deck, no.  in your cabin, sure.  on the beach?  again i would say no.  there is music on parts of pdcc and the people who want that vibe will go there.  the people who want to hear just the waves and the wind will scatter along the edges.  don't be the blaring music guy.  bring airpods if you must, but even then you're robbing yourself a lot of the experience (and you might not hear the bar staff coming by for the next round!)