Adventure Ocean Hours

The hours @Mattposted are in alignment with what we saw on Anthem last December:

• 9a-12p
  • 2p-5p
  • 7p-10p

You can sign up for any block of time within those open hours, including the entire block. During COVID times, there were limits on the number of hours you could book during the cruise. For us, it was 12 hours, like “assume you get 12 hours max throughout the whole cruise, and check back with us on Day 4 to see if you can book more”, so we booked 9a-12p for Day 2, 3, and 4. On Day 4 we were told Day 5 was fully booked in the morning, so we booked 9a-12p Day 6 and 7. 

YOUR EXPERIENCE MAY VARY, depending on 1) number of AO staff on board, 2) number of kids on board (holidays, spring break, summer vacation all influence number of kids), and 3) whatever COVID protocols are in place. Your best bet to help with your planning is to see if there’s someone here on the boards that’s on your ship before your cruise, and ask/beg/cajole them into checking on what (if any) AO restrictions are in place. 

Hi all, I am new here. Thanks for providing a great resource.

About a week ago, and to my surprise, a Royal Caribbean rep I spoke to by phone booked my kids for family time dining on Symphony of the Seas in April where they get picked up from the dining room at 6:15pm. I thought this was no longer available which is why I was surprised. Can anyone confirm availability of this program?

16 hours ago, BowTieBrigade said:

@MeaganCM13AO can make or break a cruise with the kids. Definitely pay close attention to reports from people who sail right before you, especially on the same ship. 

16 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

AO was awesome pre-covid. But it's taken a long time to regain that glory due to over the top covid restrictions. Sounds like things may be starting to get back closer to normal.

We took our kids (5, 3, and 2) on their first cruise last December, and all three had a BLAST in AO. I hear that with older kids (8-9+) it's a bit more of a struggle. 

I would definitely make sure you have backup options available if AO doesn't pan out - bring activities, see what's available on the ship during times they would normally go to AO, etc. One the day AO was full, we pool-hopped, walked the ship, let them frolic around Two70 during non-show times, etc. 

22 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

AO was awesome pre-covid. But it's taken a long time to regain that glory due to over the top covid restrictions. Sounds like things may be starting to get back closer to normal.

I thought of you when I heard AO was basically back to normal (with the exception of the masks). It's a major improvement

12 hours ago, DrNDo said:

How would it work if the adults wanted to do Chef’s Table that starts at 6pm, and wanted to check kids into AO? That seems to be between the 2-5pm & 7-10pm sessions?

They dont make a provision for that. 

Leave kids in the cabin for an hour and then excuse yourself to go get them and sign them in?