Meet Us At the Oasis - The #MajorStarClassTakeOver Edition - OA 3/13/2022

Lovetocruise2002

30 minutes ago, GregD said:

Just read this to Heather, and she is amazed! She said she would have had to go to target and spend a few hundred dollars just for herself on supplies.

Right??  We drove down to Miami from Orlando once for a cruise and realized half way down that we had left our garment bag on the bed.  We stopped at Macy's and a few hundred dollars later we were back on the road.  I got some of my favorite outfits on that trip!  😂😂

Hope you all will be sailing into warmer temps and calmer waters soon.

How’s in suite dining service so far? Any one SC had a chance to have tables set up or even table cloths, in your suite or on the deck?

@Lovetocruise2002 were the girls bushels of fries at least warm? Lol 

Just wondering if Specialty Restaurant services in room/deck will make a gradual comeback like before! 

1 hour ago, MamaShark said:

Hope you all will be sailing into warmer temps and calmer waters soon.

How’s in suite dining service so far? Any one SC had a chance to have tables set up or even table cloths, in your suite or on the deck?

@Lovetocruise2002 were the girls bushels of fries at least warm? Lol 

Just wondering if Specialty Restaurant services in room/deck will make a gradual comeback like before! 

We are not fans of balcony dining. Also, I am not exaggerating in that it has just been way too windy to enjoy much of anything, especially dining. It would likely all blow away lol.

We dined in suite a few times on Allure a few months ago and they did set up a white table cloth each time.

Dinner brought us to Giovanni’s tonight. We were stuffed from Izumi still so we ordered very little. Just our favourites: Minestrone soup, carbonara with shrimp, and tiramisu. That is the Royal delight coffee in the background as well. Very tasty and strong. 

0438FFD2-02C4-47DF-9363-61DF6C7448C6.thumb.jpeg.3f2ab86cc8319d7d519f81827393ccbe.jpeg

ADC32EBE-B218-4325-94B8-FDBE50C4B400.thumb.jpeg.3e3023ba8cc5562bc24a2d1ba99e5eb2.jpeg

BE122D88-418A-45A4-8F4B-19C28FE7A598.thumb.jpeg.108ffa3e2ced363919a42cd5e48bd342.jpeg

After dinner we saw Cats. It was very well done. But still one and done for us lol

4 hours ago, Neesa said:

Here are some images of 1720 upstairs. Also we enjoyed dinner at Chop's not to many photos as it is my rule no phones out at the dinner table, yet here I am sneaking pictures with my phone! I am so happy to report the mushroom soup is back and very delicious. We are requesting to dine there again before this sailing ends.

I just don't love the way the bathroom is right on top of the bed. Of course I still love the 17th floor!

20220315_144659.jpg

20220315_173701.jpg

20220315_173621.jpg

20220315_173632.jpg

20220315_180705.jpg

20220315_180856.jpg

20220315_185652.jpg

does the bathroom

door even open all the way? This is our room in 2 weeks. 

@starbrat please understand, I would stay in this cabin again. The positives in my humble opinion out weight the negatives. Remember a charging hub for your USB charging needs. The bathroom is super dark at night, the light seems to be on or off, so very dark in the middle of the night, no where to put a night light. The bathroom door opens three quarters of the way, plenty of room to get in or out but it's just weird whilst laying in bed next to the door especially while in use.  I am still enjoying all this cabin has to offer. Marva is an amazing room attendant as well.

20220316_073224.jpg

20220316_073251.jpg

20220316_073346.jpg

20220316_073356.jpg

20220316_073401.jpg

Beautiful day in St. Thomas today. Got off just briefly to walk around but for those of you who know me well, that is actually code for, “Let’s go to Effy.” 😁 In case you did not know, I truly have the most wonderful Hubby. 

8F703267-F255-49F2-AB30-23D916FE2575.thumb.jpeg.9ff1b2a5772b5ffa3f5e481908b66ce1.jpeg

And I am starting to think I have the most wonderful and thoughtful Genie as well. I have no clue how Allan knew that Numi is my most favourite brand of tea. I cannot remember if it was on my survey, but I don’t think it was. This is such a small gesture but so impressed. 

BA13D602-3970-4372-8E3A-8256DD0F5D11.thumb.jpeg.a10ecb66357a38b0631b957d063f00a2.jpeg

Pretty relaxing day today. After returning from St. Thomas we headed to El Loco Fresh. Ship was practically empty so no lines. The kids and Hubby also took advantage of the empty ship to swim, do the slides and flow rider. I spent some time catching up with @bellemichewhich was so nice and much needed.  

We are having the worst luck trying to catch a showing of Aqua 80. It has been cancelled due to winds and weather since Day 1. Heading to Playmakers shortly for dinner. More relaxing and no fancy dinner clothes needed (not that I have any anyway right now lol). Hoping that the late 10:30pm showing of Aqua 80 is still a go for tonight. 🤞

At the moment, just hanging out on the balcony with Hubby for a full moon St. Thomas sail away. ❤️

99A882CD-FD34-40AB-803E-4E0B0439BEE7.thumb.jpeg.0e1236da2570b3abcc56908cc9e1b63f.jpeg

1F2C282F-8147-4A35-940F-B69D2A1A99DF.thumb.jpeg.784703d741d84e6467c6ceaf55bbbd18.jpeg

Today brought us to Secret Sands a Royal excursion. It was very authentic, the beach was pristine the lift over there on an open air contraption with 25 on board was something I would not do again, I prayed and prayed our driver didn't kill us and I'm not exaggerating. The host at the beach was friendly, the water clear and overall I felt it was worth the money. 

The ride there and back though, so bad so scary but we are back safe and sound. That experience did give me pause. Tonight Hibachi dinner. No water show again, canceled once more.

Our return surprise from Marva!

20220316_152153.jpg

20220316_190545.jpg

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

the lift over there on an open air contraption with 25 on board was something I would not do again, I prayed and prayed our driver didn't kill us and I'm not exaggerating.

I am glad you made it back onboard safely. This is one of our biggest fears. We did our first Royal Caribbean excursion on our last cruise to Maho Beach and were pleasantly surprised with the driving.  But things deteriorated when the passenger directly behind us was sick to their stomach 🤮 on the way back to the ship. It was awful. This has made me rethink future excursions. Lol 

Playmakers dinner. Food coma has finally arrived. Dinner was fantastic, service equally great! Now trying hard to stay awake to catch the 10:30pm Aqua 80 show.

For those wondering, yes, the Playmakers sundae and collectible cup are included with star class. 

2D72A72D-69C7-4B6B-83B6-9A8D23F562E5.thumb.jpeg.a62ceb2023fd008d079f82af7d83498d.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Now trying hard to stay awake to catch the 10:30pm Aqua 80 show.

I hope it’s a go for you guys tonight. 🤞

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

the Playmakers sundae and collectible cup are included with star class. 

We missed trying the campfire dessert. Is it good? 

All week the debate among the SC peeps was watch Aqua 80 from the balcony or main seats. All week we were adamant that we wanted to watch from the main seats. Our 13 year old is short, so we usually request the first row of seats held (just behind the first 3 rows of benches). We followed tradition tonight and that where we sat.

Turns out Aqua 80 was pretty good, but the SC gang in the Aqua Theatre suites got a second good show watching @bellemicheand us get completely soaked! @ShakeDownCruisewas in the same row as us but closer to the left aisle and managed to stay dry. The rest of us, and no joke, where fully soaked! I pretty much looked, and felt like I fell into the pool!! And @Neesawho we ran into on the way back to the room can vouch for that! Lol

Not sure if that was supposed to happen or not, but basically near the end when the fountains where going off, one shot up sky high and rained/showered/hosed down on us.  Our friends who are the the Deck 8 ATS are wondering if it was an accident because she could see the tech team from her balcony and she said they were at first horrified and then had a good laugh 😂 so an eventful end of the evening for us. Now waiting for my hair to dry, and as luck would have it, it is past midnight and we have an early start in San Juan tomorrow. 

Side note: no divers at all in tonight’s show. Somewhat disappointing, but it is what it is. Loved the Back to the Future references.

Day 5: San Juan

Heading out for a quick breakfast and then we will attempt to walk with the kids to El Morro. No tours because we could not justify the cost. 

49D936A3-1A90-4100-8D84-58C3D307F387.thumb.jpeg.e510518e062dcc6ca1f6dfe13bac6e3e.jpeg

In other news, the saga of the travelling checked luggage continues. Will it find its way back to us? Nobody knows. More about that later. 🤷🏻‍♀️

572CBA7B-64F1-40E8-A2B3-1677492244EE.jpeg.66cba84cdd1bdf6e154e77d588080b28.jpeg

This takeover has been adventurous and your attitude is winning❤️
It wouldn’t be complete without the Aqua Show. I’m glad it happened for you even with special water effects! Good idea for early walk to El Morro.
If it’s not too windy, a helipad Sail Away from Old San Juan party might be nice! 

12 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The rest of us, and no joke, where fully soaked!

Oh no! This reminded me of an incident Shane told us about. The week prior to our cruise a passenger soaked him while he was standing near the flow rider.  A wet genie is a no no and that passenger had their flow rider privileges suspended for the remainder of the week.  I can just imagine his reaction to your experience. Lol 

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

In other news, the saga of the travelling checked luggage continues. Will it find its way back to us? Nobody knows. More about that later. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I really wish you would have thrown an apple air tag on that bag. It would be interesting to follow its journey!! Lol 

The saga continues! We are sailing away as I type this, and my bag is at SJU 😕

Royal called the port agent to pick it up but the pilot is here, so off we go. I think the next plan now is to have to sent to MIA before Sunday. 

Disappointed yes, but I am so impressed with our Genie and the GS team here. They have worked quickly, kept me informed each step of the way, and they are trying their hardest, let’s hope this bag and I meet back on 3/20. Pray for us lol. 

Puerto Rico today, first time here so we did Old and New San Juan tour. It was a nicer air conditioned mini bus and the driver was a great guide hailing from Brooklyn NY!

We just left and thought we could have used more time there but with only o e other ship in Port it wasn't very crowded. Island was clean and we did not have to wear face masks.

20220317_085449.jpg

20220317_105922.jpg

20220317_110417.jpg

20220317_105432.jpg

20220317_105353.jpg

7 hours ago, bellemiche said:

@Lovetocruise2002 Your luggage is having an adventure of its own! 

We definitely got soaked! I don't know what happened but all of a sudden we saw a gush of water coming straight for us!

#geniewaswrong

#soakingwet

20220316_231256.jpg

So, from the vantage point of 8730, the performers redirected the stream of water with their hand especially for the front row, lol

8 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

So, from the vantage point of 8730, the performers redirected the stream of water with their hand especially for the front row, lol

I knew it. Devious genius' Derick tried to seat us there. Um NO this old lady knows better! It's the performers way of showing their love for the audience. DW, lol.....how is the volume of the music, can you hear it inside your cabin? 

Little bit slow on my responses, there is no way I can keep with with @Lovetocruise2002 and @Neesa, DW and I had a great day on St Thomas, went to the old down town area to shop and go to on of our favorite restaurant in the Caribbean Cafe Amici, since we haven't been here since October of 2019, we had the thought that somethings my not be open, but it seemed like a lot of places were open, but you could tell some had changed names. 

Screenshot 2022-03-17 150234.png

Today was San Juan, got off the ship early, didn't really have a plan, DW and I were just going to walk around and see if some of the old places we used to go were still open, before we completely walked off the dock we saw Alyse and her family, they are in 8330 and have been part of @Lovetocruise2002 Facebook group, #majorstarclasstakeover, anyway, we ended up walking around with them, took them to the red doors, the old church, etc., found the cigar store I usually go to, Paul C was there this week, The Cigar House, ended up heading back down closer to the water front, stopped for some beverages and to cool down a little.

We have been asking the crew if they have been able to get off the ship, those that have not been able to get off we try and get them something they might need, so we stopped in Walgreens and got the things we thought our Suite attendant might be able to use, when we went to check out the line was about 50 people deep! It went fast and we were probably out of there in 20-30 minutes.

We got back on the ship about 1, went to Johnnie Rockets to get some hamburgers and milk shakes, saw @Neesa and her family, obviously they had the same idea.

35 minutes ago, Neesa said:

I knew it. Devious genius' Derick tried to seat us there. Um NO this old lady knows better! It's the performers way of showing their love for the audience. DW, lol.....how is the volume of the music, can you hear it inside your cabin? 

Well, we haven't been in the room yet when they have been practicing or during the show last night, but I would imagine that if you were trying to sleep the music would be loud, but overall the room is quite, we can't hear the rock climbing wall antic's at all.

Great minds @tiny260 and we saw @Lovetocruise2002 and her amazing family on the board walk on the way in! Still all smiles, even though their luggage is on a journey of its own, nothing but positive energy from them. 

On my balcony doing what I do best, staring out into the sea. What an amazing day we have. I'm in trouble though, I just received a text from my teen saying mom this star class was a bad idea, I am getting very used to it. Hubby actually asked for info on Royal Up versus booking straight away, wait what? 

Derick has been a good fit for us, we pretty much leave each other alone, but if I need something it's completed within a few minutes. We are so low key, yet we do enjoy the special feeling he leaves us with. He checks in a few times a day asking what he can do. I tell him retreat to your bottle for some rest! An amazing human Derick Martis!!

My happy place! Labadee tomorrow in a Beach Cabana! First time there looking forward to it.

20220317_162447.jpg

8 minutes ago, Neesa said:

I just received a text from my teen saying mom this star class was a bad idea, I am getting very used to it. Hubby actually asked for info on Royal Up versus booking straight away, wait what? 

See! I’m telling all of you! It’s the point of no return. 😂

16 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Side note: no divers at all in tonight’s show. Somewhat disappointing, but it is what it is. Loved the Back to the Future references.

I was standing in CVS yesterday, and Power of Love came on over their speakers and I immediately had Aqua80 and back to the future FOMO!!

So I feel you have to report the good and the bad, usually I don't have any "bads" on cruises, we are pretty easy going, but Tuesday night the Genie had us at Giovanni's for dinner, 6:30, we show up at 6:25, our Genie promptly shows us to our seat and off he goes.

We sit there for 5 minutes, no one shows up, a little after that a waiter comes by, fills the olive oil and balsamic, bread gets delivered, etc., water glasses don't get filled, matter of fact I don't even have a glass, we finely get the attention of an assistant, and ask for water, he eventually fills my wife's glass, then figures out I don't have one, gets me a glass and fills it.

5 minutes, 10 minutes, a total of 15 minutes from when we first sit down, no waiter, no one as a matter of fact.

This is something I can tell you that we have never, ever done since we started doing specialty dinning, we got up and walked out, the Manager asked what was wrong, so we told him, he wanted us to come back in but by this time we were both seeing red, so felt it was better if we didn't. The manager stalked my wife in the elevator!

With that said, @Lovetocruise2002 was in Giovanni's at the same time, at the opposite end of the restaurant from where we were sitting and she didn't have any issue.

We went straight to Coastal Kitchen, got in with no issues and had a great dinner, when we left the Manager of Giovanni's was in Coastal waiting for us! I really don't know what he was expecting to accomplish.

Last night we are in Izumi having dinner, I'm mid bite of fried rice and an officer comes in and makes a bee line for my wife and I, "Restaurant Operations Manager" doesn't want to bother us, during our meal, but would like to talk to us about what happened.

I don't think there will be any happy ending to this, we are not mad, a little disappointed, but it's over now, I think we all have certain expectations when we go out for dinner, we are all a little different as to what those expectations are, but we have them, we told the Manger that we are Diamond Plus and our expectations of RCCL are high.

My Wife keeps joking now that we are on some black list in the computer system, that every time we check in, we get funny looks. lol.

Tonight is 150 Central Park, Dress your Best and St Patrick's day, so we'll see, the service at Izumi last night was great BTW, @Neesasaid it was loud, must have just been her table!

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

We saw this as well on our cruise. The second showing of Aqua80 for the week had the whole aqua theater full of spectators, and the cast absolutely tried their hardest to soak everyone in the first few rows!