Meet Us At the Oasis - The #MajorStarClassTakeOver Edition - OA 3/13/2022

Lovetocruise2002

image.thumb.png.b74c3a5b5767aa2128cc38c2d4022233.png

It's almost here! 28 months in the making, #MajorStarClassTakeover on Oasis of the Seas 3/13/2022!

28 months ago, a group of us decided it would be fun to book a March Break sailing together all in Star Class.  There was a great deal on Oasis of the Seas at the time and we thought why not?  None of us have ever been a star class sailing where the majority already knew each other. We lost a few dear friends along the way who had to cancel for various reasons, picked up some new friends, some of us have sailed together before, some of us have known each other for quite some time and are just meeting now. We have a total of 10 out of 13 SC rooms accounted for from our group. I am beyond excited for this sailing! It’s going to be a special one!

Because this is an unofficial group cruise, it won’t be your typical blog.  There’s not going to be much of a preamble, and there will be more than one of us blogging.  From our RCBlog community, we’ll have @tiny260, @Neesa, @bellemiche, and @ShakeDownCruise, hopefully they all jump into this and not leave me high and dry lol

As far as the Star Class pre-cruise stuff goes, most of us got our pre-cruise surveys about 8 weeks out.  Genies reached out about 4-5 weeks ago.  The protocols for Star have not changed since December so if you are wanting to know what sailing Star is like during Covid, see past Star Class blogs (between summer 2021-present) by others or myself. I will not bother to bog down this blog with PDFs and literature, unless someone really want to see it, then I can post.

Here is our itinerary (we think lol) for this sailing:

SUN 13 MAR MIAMI, FLORIDA

MON 14 MAR NASSAU, BAHAMAS

TUE 15 MAR CRUISING

WED 16 MAR CHARLOTTE AMALIE, ST. THOMAS

THU 17 MAR SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO

FRI 18 MAR LABADEE, HAITI

SAT 19 MAR CRUISING

SUN 20 MAR MIAMI, FLORIDA

I will start with our intros….

Because this is March Break in Ontario, this sailing is with Hubby and the girls.  Hubby and I sailed just before Christmas on Allure, but this will be the first sailing back for the girls since July 2019!  Needless to say, they have missed it greatly, and I think they are most excited for…wait for it…Sorrento’s pizza! SMH

Flying DTW – FLL on Saturday morning (cheaper and better times than going to MIA) and taking a ride share to Miami.  That’s the flight plan.  You can probably guess our hotel, but if not, stay tuned!

Allan F. is our Genie.  I cannot wait to meet him after all that I have heard about him from many others and if @Rags1is ready to adopt him, then we must be in for a treat.

We don’t have much planned in terms of excursions for this sailing.  We did not pre-book anything and will likely just do some self exploring if we decide to get off the ship.

Once again, in the spirit of a live blog, feel free and don’t hesitate to follow along and ask anything.  You can also follow me along on IG: @lovetocruise2002 as I will be posting there too.

@Lovetocruise2002 in the spirit of not leaving you high and dry I will add to your thoughts. FYI I can't wait to meet everyone! We met our friends from Nevada through our teen on the first sailing of the Adventure out of the Bahamas in June2021, this will be our third sailing together with our cruise buddies AND they are relocating to Florida in a few months! They are staying in a CLS a few doors down from us, we joined them on this their group 50th birthday sailing. Leave it to the kids to bring families together! It's myself, hubby (who ONLY cruises for me!) & daughter 15. We started in a balcony cabin, then 14528 the Ultimate Panoramic family suite opened up so I grabbed it, first time in Star mind you. Never was interested until Sabrina and @WAAAYTOOOshared their Star experiences. Hubby knows no difference, cost that's all he wants to know, lol!

@Sea Squirrel stayed in this suite when we were on the Oasis for Thanksgiving & he was kind enough to share his experience & I was very glad he did. I thought maybe I would switch the cabin if something came up, I was fearful of the motion sickness element especially. 

Leticia reached out as our assigned Genie and we worked on some scheduling, the Star Loft appeared & I quickly switched as hubby who ONLY sails for me and puts the Cabash on all my RUB's likes 17 the best. So I contacted Leticia & told her we were changing cabins, crickets....then we were contacted by the amazing Derick Martis, Leticia had been moved to the Harmony so he took over from there. I sent him our previous emails and our transition was seamless. 

We had no idea this was the #MajorStarClassTakeover until @Lovetocruise2002 reached out, a day later Derick also asked if we knew about it, so funny. This is our very first Star sailing so I want to be present to experience all it has to offer, we are such a quiet little family yet we find ourselves ready to meet & greet & share this experience.

We are driving to Miami tomorrow, we just stopped & packed the Pub Subs for the 5 hour drive. We are staying at the Hilton Downtown Miami as we are Hilton Gold members & I always choose a room so I can stare at the ships, ( I can choose my own room using the app)  there is a great parking garage also keeping our vehicle secure. Our friends from Nevada are staying there also so we will meet the rest of our birthday group Saturday evening. 

See you at Playmakers on Sunday! 

30 minutes ago, Neesa said:

a day later Derick also asked if we knew about it, so funny.

They all know we are coming lol

31 minutes ago, Neesa said:

See you at Playmakers on Sunday! 

Cannot wait neighbour!  

34 minutes ago, GregD said:

Say hi to Derick for us!!

I am sure that one of us will be able to relay that message!

6 minutes ago, GregD said:

@Neesa, you are in good hands with Derick! We was very good to us a few weeks ago. My son Johnny would love it if you could say high for him, and that he has been eating more chicken for even more powerful high fives!

That's the least I can do.  @Lovetocruise2002 pointed me to your blog and I enjoyed it so much. I LOVED the picture of you guys with Derick. We are pretty much letting him steer this ship and will go with the flow, feel like we don't want to be high maintenance either. No parties in the suite, maybe some breakfast on the balcony & I will be taking advantage of the laundry but otherwise we just want to sail in a similar manner as you did. I feel like I know him already after following along with you, Johnny, chicken, high fives...got it! 

DW ( designated Wife) of @tiny260 here lol long time bloggers will know that’s how he addressed me in his blog post lol 

@Neesawe were on the Christmas Odyssey cruise to nowhere with you but we never actually met you so I’m excited to get to meet you on this one, we’re very low maintenance in star class lol this is our first time not to be on 17 we’re in ATS this time so I guess I’ll get lots of walking done lol 

we met @Lovetocruise2002on a group cruise in 2019 through this blog page and quickly became friends, we have been looking forward to this cruise so much ❤️

see everyone Sunday at Playmakers 😎

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Lovetocruise2002I Actually wouldn’t mind adopting Allan, but then I think I wanna adopt you too, and we’ve never met😂. I’ve notified Allan that two things are very important to you so he will be prepared. First, that you must be addressed at all times as “Her Majesty, Sabrina, Princess of the North.”  And secondly that you absolutely love to take selfie’s and post your likeness on social media!  
   Please give my very best to my favorite genie. And tell him I said he better live up to my hype!  I look forward to following this adventure and really wish we were sailing with you. 

Thanks to@Lovetocruise2002 for letting me know when this sailing came out! We got a great deal on an ATS! We're looking forward to our first star class cruise with our genie Derick. There's three of us traveling tomorrow from DTW to MIA - myself, my mom,  and a friend of mine. After receiving our negative tests at 4 pm this afternoon, we are really excited now! 

52 minutes ago, Cruiser4Life said:

everyone is so lively and talkative on this blog, I feel like i know you all

One of the reasons why I love the RCBlog community!

17 minutes ago, bellemiche said:

We're looking forward to our first star class cruise with our genie Derick.

I am excited for you too my "real life" cruise friend lol

10 minutes ago, Jax said:

Happening after negative Covid tests. 

FB723E28-2534-4FC3-8279-791BB79EC495.gif

Nah, that was just Hubby.  Always last minute lol

So far, so interesting #MajorStarClassTakeover line up!  Did y’all successfully takeover all of the SC suites on Deck 17?    
If protocols permit, I’m hoping that you have a MSC takeover cocktail party😊in the RLS,  so I can attend vicariously😂!  @Lovetocruise2002will order tequila shots with endless petit filet appetizers 😛.  I’m so looking forward to follow this blog, since our next SC fix (RLS) is weeks away!  Wishing you all sunshine, great weather and the BEST times.  Carry on!!

2 hours ago, jagnew said:

Slight hijack of the thread to congratulate all the corrupting influences on this specific thread who are responsible for my family being #TeamDeck17 rookies on the Allure sailing that departs this same day.

There is always room for #teamDeck17 hijacks! 🙂

1 hour ago, MamaShark said:

So far, so interesting #MajorStarClassTakeover line up!  Did y’all successfully takeover all of the SC suites on Deck 17? 

Sadly no, a friend in the RLS had to cancel so that is one of the ones missing from our group. We originally had the GPS in our group as well but they also had to cancel. The missing 3 are: RLS, GP, Deck 9 ATS.

I have been personally looking forward to this blog for months !!  I am so excited for all of you and will be living vicariously through you for the next week.  I hope you all have the best time together.  I'm sure your genies are going to have such a great time on this cruise and they'll be talking about the MSC Takeover 2022 for years!  Thank you for blogging this trip.

My priorities this morning were... 1) Coffee 2) MSC Takeover Blog 3) Anything else.  My hubby tried visiting with me when I got on the computer.  The poor guy!  😂😂

Safe travels!

6 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Sadly no, a friend in the RLS had to cancel so that is one of the ones missing from our group. We originally had the GPS in our group as well but they also had to cancel. The missing 3 are: RLS, GP, Deck 9 ATS.

Aww too bad… but 10 out of 13  sounds like a good variety of SC suites for a  “stylish” takeover!   Visions of you holding down the wingback chairs in Coastal Kitchen tomorrow@dinner!  1 more sleep❤️

Omg! This trip just took a huge turn for the worst! 

While sitting at the gate at DTW, they cancelled our flight. We managed to get ourselves rescheduled on another flight to MCO and then MIA. Breathing a sigh of relief, we sit down at that gate, and that flight got cancelled too! By now I am in tears and ready to call it quits. All flights out of DTW to anywhere in Florida were sold out because of all the cancellations today, and the delta reps basically told me sorry, too bad. 

This is where my TA is worth her weight in more than gold. This sailing isn’t even hers. It is the last one I had booked with my former dud TA. She worked like crazy to find us a way to MIA before tomorrow. Now we are in a rental car, driving ourselves to Pittsburgh, to catch a 6am flight to Miami tomorrow. Not exactly how I envisioned by pre-cruise night, but if I can actually make it there tomorrow, I will be forever grateful. 

27 minutes ago, Neesa said:

OMG, Sabrina we are rooting for you. Positive thoughts all the way. Praying for your safe arrival. Come on let's do this, Sabrina I am praying you get here. I will hold the ship.

Look for the really frazzled family in terminal A. The FB group for the sailing is blowing up today. Looks like a lot of people and their flights have been impacted. 

14 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Look for the really frazzled family in terminal A. The FB group for the sailing is blowing up today. Looks like a lot of people and their flights have been impacted. 

The weather here in Florida is bad, torrential rains and strong winds. It took us all day to get here as Alligator alley was closed and there were so many accidents I stopped counting. It usually takes us 5 hours with fuel stop, rest break to include half of pub sub. Today one fuel break and that was it, 8 + hours later we just arrived. Routing for you all the way...

2 hours ago, Rags1 said:

It’ll all be an ugly memory tomorrow night with first taste of filet

Possibly while wearing shorts to dinner because, did I mention that my checked baggage is taking it’s own unknown journey to MIA? Hopefully the bag and I meet up in a few hours when we land, if not, I promised the group that I am a way better dresser than what they will see the following week! Lol

In all honesty, I am so exhausted that I will just thank God if I make it later today. Funny how life works. I have been stressing over those negative tests for weeks, and in the end, that was the easy part. 

No rain this morning and winds have subsided, here is hoping you are on the plane, on the way here.. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

* piecing together the previous information it looks like your flight is successfully on the way down here, never underestimate the power of prayer and positive energy. Yay, see you soon.