Vaccine Card Question - Should I Get a Replacement?

Hi everyone,

Sorry, back again with another question.

This morning I was reviewing our vaccine cards and started to stress a bit over whether mine will be accepted or not. It is not one the typical CDC card, using the white cardstock paper. Instead, mine is on blue paper, folded to replicate both sides of the regular card. At the time, I didn't really care about the physical attributes of the card, I was just happy to get my vaccine. But now, I worry (I'm a worrier) it would not be acceptable and should get a replacement. Has anyone been able to board at Port Miami with a vaccine card that has ALL the required attributes, but is just on different paper? Additionally, would a replacement card cause an issue since it was not the same one I uploaded to the app during check-in?

I'm already stressing out over my husband's and youngest daughter's cards since all the information is in the same handwriting. The RC FAQs state they will be looking for fraud, and I'm really hoping that everything being in the same handwriting doesn't raise any flags. I do have pictures of their original cards on my phone. My husband replaced his to consolidate his vaccines onto one card, and we had to replace my daughter's because they switched her first and middle names on the original.

Aside from the vaccine test we'll take next Thursday, this is something I fear could end our first-ever cruise before it even begins.

It’s totally fine if a card has the same handwriting for both doses.  My son’s does as well because Walgreens messed up his card on the 2nd dose and a new card was totally written by the same person.  He’s cruised twice with that card and no problem at all.

Sending a picture of one card and then boarding with a new replacement card is fine as well.  For our first cruise in October, I sent in a picture of both my card and my spouses cards that I took the day we got our 2nd shots in March.  By the time October came, I’d had them laminated and the heat from that made the stickers on them with the vaccine information almost unreadable.  I got new cards for both of us and the new cards had the stickers in different places and handwriting that wasn’t on the original cards.  Royal took them for us to board with no problems at all even though they looked nothing like the pictures I sent in the app.  At the dock, they don’t compare the cards to the pictures you sent, they just look at them to make sure they’re valid cards.

The card I’d be concerned about is your folded up blue one.  If you can get a new one in time, I’d get a new one just to be on the safe side.  

16 hours ago, Landlocked CPA said:

Hi everyone,

Sorry, back again with another question.

This morning I was reviewing our vaccine cards and started to stress a bit over whether mine will be accepted or not. It is not one the typical CDC card, using the white cardstock paper. Instead, mine is on blue paper, folded to replicate both sides of the regular card. At the time, I didn't really care about the physical attributes of the card, I was just happy to get my vaccine. But now, I worry (I'm a worrier) it would not be acceptable and should get a replacement. Has anyone been able to board at Port Miami with a vaccine card that has ALL the required attributes, but is just on different paper? Additionally, would a replacement card cause an issue since it was not the same one I uploaded to the app during check-in?

I'm already stressing out over my husband's and youngest daughter's cards since all the information is in the same handwriting. The RC FAQs state they will be looking for fraud, and I'm really hoping that everything being in the same handwriting doesn't raise any flags. I do have pictures of their original cards on my phone. My husband replaced his to consolidate his vaccines onto one card, and we had to replace my daughter's because they switched her first and middle names on the original.

Aside from the vaccine test we'll take next Thursday, this is something I fear could end our first-ever cruise before it even begins.

I had a similar worry when I read on a different thread that someone was denied due to not having a lot#. Mine has the lot#, but just says WAG for the provider, so I got it in my head that they would deny me since there's no store number. I'm not sure where you got your vaccines, but I got mine at Walgreens and they have my vaccination record on file. I was able to log on to the website and print out my record. I'm sure most retail places have that, as well, if that's where you got yours. I'm going to bring that and my vax card and I would have to imagine that would be sufficient.

4 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

It’s totally fine if a card has the same handwriting for both doses.  My son’s does as well because Walgreens messed up his card on the 2nd dose and a new card was totally written by the same person.  He’s cruised twice with that card and no problem at all.

Sending a picture of one card and then boarding with a new replacement card is fine as well.  For our first cruise in October, I sent in a picture of both my card and my spouses cards that I took the day we got our 2nd shots in March.  By the time October came, I’d had them laminated and the heat from that made the stickers on them with the vaccine information almost unreadable.  I got new cards for both of us and the new cards had the stickers in different places and handwriting that wasn’t on the original cards.  Royal took them for us to board with no problems at all even though they looked nothing like the pictures I sent in the app.  At the dock, they don’t compare the cards to the pictures you sent, they just look at them to make sure they’re valid cards.

The card I’d be concerned about is your folded up blue one.  If you can get a new one in time, I’d get a new one just to be on the safe side.  

3 hours ago, Lexster said:

I had a similar worry when I read on a different thread that someone was denied due to not having a lot#. Mine has the lot#, but just says WAG for the provider, so I got it in my head that they would deny me since there's no store number. I'm not sure where you got your vaccines, but I got mine at Walgreens and they have my vaccination record on file. I was able to log on to the website and print out my record. I'm sure most retail places have that, as well, if that's where you got yours. I'm going to bring that and my vax card and I would have to imagine that would be sufficient.

Thank you both so much! You have eased my mind, a lot! I can get a replacement card in time, and will. I will also bring the printout from our Dept. of Health, just as an added source of documentation. Us CPAs do love our documentation! 🤣

My husband got his vaccine early on since he’s a teacher.  They had a clinic at his school.  At the time, the clinic didn’t have the real vaccine cards, just printer paper with the same info.  They also spelled his name wrong.  I called our local Walgreens and she said just to drop by anytime and they would get him a card.  Took 3 minutes and now he has an actual card with his right name!  

If you’re worried about it, maybe your local Walgreens (or where ever you got your shot) could get you an updated card, too!