Sushi & Sake—Lunch🍣🥢

SpicyCherry

I did it on the Adventure in August and it was great.  The sushi was very good each course was unique and had a great flavor.  I liked the saki too, although one was a bit like drinking everclear.  I would definitely do it again, in fact may do it in April.

1 hour ago, DandA said:

I did it on the Adventure in August and it was great.  The sushi was very good each course was unique and had a great flavor.  I liked the saki too, although one was a bit like drinking everclear.  I would definitely do it again, in fact may do it in April.

Thanks....I have done Izumi before and really enjoyed it. I don't know much about Sake though, but would like to. What exactly is Everclear? 

Yeah sorry, Everclear is rock gut alcohol, very strong and cheap.  The Saki that I didn't really enjoy was Kikusui Perfect Snow Sake, it's 21% alcohol.  It's not that it  is  bad I just wouldn't buy it (i'd drink it again with the meal 🙂 ) it's strong and it didn't just have a flavor other than alcohol.  

Geeez all this talk about Sushi and Saki, gotta think about it for my April Cruise.

•  

1 hour ago, DandA said:

Yeah sorry, Everclear is rock gut alcohol, very strong and cheap.  The Saki that I didn't really enjoy was Kikusui Perfect Snow Sake, it's 21% alcohol.  It's not that it  is  bad I just wouldn't buy it (i'd drink it again with the meal 🙂 ) it's strong and it didn't just have a flavor other than alcohol.  

Geeez all this talk about Sushi and Saki, gotta think about it for my April Cruise.

•  

Perfect Snow sounds like you should’ve  just grabbed a bottle of rubbing alcohol from the bathroom medicine cabinet and called it a day🤭 What ship are you on in April?

On 3/11/2022 at 8:51 PM, dcr50usa said:

Everclear is 100% grain alcohol, ie 200 proof vodka on steroids'

Everclear

Everclear
CREDIT: COURTESY OF LUXCO SPIRITED BRANDS / COURTESY OF TRAVEL + LEISURE

Proof:

190 (95% alcohol). Made in: United StatesThe first 190-proof alcohol ever to be bottled for consumers, Everclear spawned a ‘90s rock band and many a bad idea—it’s a favorite among young drinkers because it’s nearly tasteless. For context, drugstore-brand rubbing alcohol averages 91 percent alcohol

1 hour ago, rjac said:

Do not try to drink it straight......if you like your tongue, taste buds, throat, esophagus and complete digestive tract. Not to mention your sanity also!😎

On 2nd thought, maybe I’d better leave Everclear alone🤭🤭Don’t want to end up in a scene from Coyote Ugly while on the cruise, now do I?😜