xSAILEDx Radiance of the Seas - April 29, 2022 - 7 Night Vancouver to Alaska Glacier Cruise

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! We(my m husband and I) are booked on this cruise to Alaska as well!  Our kids are finishing up college and we can travel other times then summer now! It's our first time to Alaska and we are looking forward to it. It seems like this is an early cruise in the Alaska Season but this is when I could get time off from work so I hope it all works out. We've book some excursions, the one I am looking forward to is whale watching! We are coming from California so we will have to keep our warm clothing handy for packing, LOL If anyone has info to share about things to see or do we would love to hear from you!

Michele

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow cruisers!  This is my first time going on a cruise. My granddaughter and myself, we’re both so excited!  Also, arriving from California and my granddaughter is coming from New Jersey. Trying to find out where we can get tested to return to US.
Does the cruise ship offer Covid testing when we disembark on 5/6/22 or do they offer Covid testing at the airport to return to the USA?

Michele

8 hours ago, Mprice5159 said:

Hello fellow cruisers!  This is my first time going on a cruise. My granddaughter and myself, we’re both so excited!  Also, arriving from California and my granddaughter is coming from New Jersey. Trying to find out where we can get tested to return to US.
Does the cruise ship offer Covid testing when we disembark on 5/6/22 or do they offer Covid testing at the airport to return to the USA?

Michele

Does the US still require testing when flying in? I don’t believe that Royal will be providing testing, however there is a company called Empower clinics that is going to be providing testing at Canada place for all the cruise lines. I don’t know how much they will charge but you can check the website. There is testing at Vancouver airport as well but it is quite expensive. $79 ($63USD) per person for a rapid antigen test.

Edit: after checking the Empower website the airport option looks cheap. Empower is charging $130CAD for a rapid antigen test 😮

• 3 weeks later...

Wow on the charge at the port! I'm in Canada, and had booked my anti-gen test originally through Shoppers Drug Mart the day before I depart (28th) ... that was $40 ... but since then when going to my regular pharmacy at WalMart ... they charge $20 Cdn ... and no appointment time required.  I think when the gates for travelling for Canadians opened up to only require anti-gen test, appointments had to be made.  Things have slowed down, so have cancelled the Shoppers Drug Mart one.  Extra $$'s for drinks onboard Radiance 🙂   

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Radiance of the Seas - April 29, 2022 - 7 Night Vancouver to Alaska Glacier Cruise
  • 4 months later...

Hello all,

I am very close to booking an 8 night round trip Vancouver to Alaska on Radiance for May 11th 2023.  I was wondering how this cruise worked out for everyone?  How was the weather, the ship, excursions etc?  What were the pros and cons overall.  I watched a walk through of Radiance on YouTube and was quite impressed by how nice it is for a 20+ year old ship.