CocoCay Day Beds - How strict is capacity?

MattG

Hello everyone!

A group of us are interested in the CocoCay day beds, but want to know how strict enforcement is on capacity. We basically want a 'home base' we can come back to, and possibly give the younger kids a place to nap. There capacity on the Cruise Planner says "max 4", but there's six of us (mix of adults and kids). We don't plan on spending the entire day at the day bed, so it won't be overrun. 

Thanks!

Due to Covid i haven't been at Coco Cay for 2 yrs. But it is restrictive.  They will give you a wristband and the only way to enter is to show the bracelet. They have someone to greet you and take you to the bed.  In essence its roped off.

If I recall correctly the age of children matter.  If you say 4 adults and 3 kids under 2 even though it is 3 kids, you are fine, but when it is 4 adults and an 6 and 8 yr old than it would be a No, because you are at 6.

hope that helps.

Impo if you have the $$$$ and they are still available get a cabana.  More room.  More privacy.  Higher concierge service.  Depending on their age and desires there are multiple options. If they like the beach than Chill.  Pool and beach try Oasis.  Poland water rides Thrill.

33 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

Impo if you have the $$$$ and they are still available get a cabana. 

Right now the cabanas are $700-$1000 and the day beds are $200. I like that the cabanas have more capacity, concierge service, and snorkel gear, but unless the cabana price drops, I think we'll stick with a day bed. 

Thank you so much for your response!

3 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

Due to Covid i haven't been at Coco Cay for 2 yrs. But it is restrictive.  They will give you a wristband and the only way to enter is to show the bracelet. They have someone to greet you and take you to the bed.  In essence its roped off.

If I recall correctly the age of children matter.  If you say 4 adults and 3 kids under 2 even though it is 3 kids, you are fine, but when it is 4 adults and an 6 and 8 yr old than it would be a No, because you are at 6.

hope that helps.

Is it more restrictive than Labadee, then? When we were on Labadee a few years ago with our kids, we had a daybed for 4 and there are 5 of us, two adults and 3 kids. They were younger at the time but none of them were under 2. We had no problem at all having all 5 of us use the daybed. We had booked one for Coco Cay but if only 4/5 of us can use it I think we might cancel. 

2 hours ago, MattG said:

Right now the cabanas are $700-$1000 and the day beds are $200. I like that the cabanas have more capacity, concierge service, and snorkel gear, but unless the cabana price drops, I think we'll stick with a day bed. 

Thank you so much for your response!

In that case, unless something has changed it would be a NO, caveat the kids are under 2.  Its not 4 adults its paying passengers.  They have a person standing by the rope line and they look for the wrist band.

Again due to Covid my cruise has been cancelled 2 yrs in a row.  However, the last 3 times we went it went as follows:  

Bed/cabana is booked under 1 name.  Night before they deliver to your cabin the instructions of how to enter the area.  

When you get to the spot they ask for your sea card for verification.  At that point you give the names of those allowed entry and their cabin number.  They write that info down. They too must show a sea pass card for verification. Only upon arrival.  At that point you get a color coded wrist band. FWIW guests in cabana can't go into daybed area or vise a verse.

I know the last time we had a cabana we added a couple that we became friends with and they were allowed in since we had 5 and didn't past the limit.  However, the cabana next to us was maxxed and 2 people wanted to "just stop in to drop off something...5 minutes they told them". The attendant said I will be happy to deliver it or they can collect it, but you can't enter. 

Honestly, there are shady places, you can get umbrellas to create shade. The amount of loungers are ample everywhere.  Depending on the age of your kids a day bed might not be ideal especially if they want to play in the kids area over hanging out on the beach.   Just get there early and group them together.  Try to stay away from the dining area because you will find the gulls love to swoop in and steal food as you eat.

It really comes down to finances and desires.  This time we are doing the beach club day pass bc we got an amazing price...75 pp. Since it is limited in number with specialty dining and the pool it was no brainer for us.

Don't forget to go to the snack shack and getting a chicken park sandwich...off menu item.  The funnel cake is great too

Enjoy your cruise

21 hours ago, Writergina said:

Is it more restrictive than Labadee, then? When we were on Labadee a few years ago with our kids, we had a daybed for 4 and there are 5 of us, two adults and 3 kids. They were younger at the time but none of them were under 2. We had no problem at all having all 5 of us use the daybed. We had booked one for Coco Cay but if only 4/5 of us can use it I think we might cancel. 

Generaly the daybeds and the cabanas are handled differently. The daybeds are usually on open beach and not monitored. Usually the Cabanas are on a restricted access portion of the beach, and access to the area is strictly monitored to allow access only to those with the proper credentials.