Is the Key worth it?

5 hours ago, FrHoffard said:

Hello all, the man and I are booked on our 1st cruise October 2022 on Navigator of the Seas.  Wondering would it be worth the cash to purchase the Key for us?  I did already make lunch reservations for us on embarkation day at Hooked.  Thanks for any advice!

So exciting! Have a great time!  😀

Take a look at a couple of videos Matt created about the Key!

Personally for me this is a personal issue on multiple levels.

1. Finance

How much more is the Key compared to Zoom only.

I like to unplug during our cruise.  Hubby, due to work issues must plug in.  Zoom we can purchase 1 device.  Key you must purchase for everyone  in the cabin.  Hence, you need both of you purchasing the Key

2. Perks

Will you use those private times for flow rider?  

Shows.  It is a nice perk, but I have found that for most shows, even on the bigger ships you can still get seats 30 mins out.  I believe Mariner is the same size as Adventure.  The only time we had a problem finding a good seat was at Quest.

3. Embarkation/Debarkation.

If having lunch in the MDR with the limited Chops menu is important compared to wind jammer (WJ) or Sorrento than that is a plus.

If having a special breakfast compared to going to WJ its a perk.  If you are okay with WJ than its not a perk.

Your time need for debarkating....if its very early to catch your flight than it is something to think about since just like embark action you get priority. 

4. Ship size

Anthem or Harmony is much different in size than Mariner.  They have limited amount of Key they sell.  

We have done both, but impo if I have a choice of the Key or getting Zoom and the unlimited dining package or Chefs table. I will take Zoom and pass on the Key.  I don't need the private time on the flow rider.  I am okay with showing up 30 mins prior to a show instead of 15.  I don't need the chocolate candy bar.  And as I said I unplug during the cruise, 1 device is fine.  FWIW, we did get the Key on our cruise in end of April, but again it came back to finance and debarkation.  We got the Key at 15 pp more than Zoom.  If we get our Royal Up bid we will drop the Key