Emed/Navica Directions for Kids?

Hi all, I've watched a lot of youtube videos for how to take the emed test, and I think I understand how this works. However, does anybody have any directions on how to do this for your child? 

My husband and I both have the Navica app with a log in for ourselves. I have inputted my child's info under "managed profiles" in my account. It seems like all the videos I've seen assume the person logged in is the person taking the test. What do I need to do differently to make it work for my child? Can my husband and I both have him in our account, or can he only reside in one? Just thinking it would be nice to have backup in case one of our phones has technical issues.

Is it correct to assume that I will be swabbing my child and that he will only need to stick around for the swabbing portion? I'd like to get this done before he needs to go to school, but I'm not sure how long we'll need to hold before we get a proctor. Or does he need to be around for the results? We're already waking him up earlier than normal, but I have no clue how long hold times are in the morning.

Thanks for any advice. This is so stressful. 

Thanks for the info. So I am even more confused now. I looked everywhere on Navica to see how to select my son's profile and nada. All the videos I've been watching have used the Navica app, but then I saw CruiseTipsTV's video and she goes through the emed app instead and has screenshots, which are very helpful.

When I sign on on emed' s site, it asks me for my navica login, then it gives me the option of choosing my son as the tester. Whereas the Navica app does not seem to have any place to choose. 

So should we all be going through the emed site instead of the navica app directly?

35 minutes ago, jupiter03 said:

Thanks for the info. So I am even more confused now. I looked everywhere on Navica to see how to select my son's profile and nada. All the videos I've been watching have used the Navica app, but then I saw CruiseTipsTV's video and she goes through the emed app instead and has screenshots, which are very helpful.

When I sign on on emed' s site, it asks me for my navica login, then it gives me the option of choosing my son as the tester. Whereas the Navica app does not seem to have any place to choose. 

So should we all be going through the emed site instead of the navica app directly?

I’m almost positive that I’ve always gone through the emed website and click test now.  I’m sure it sounds confusing now but it’s really very easy and intuitive once you get started.

1 hour ago, bsilver said:

Seriously why does this have to be so hard for us??? I have wondered how to handle the same thing. With a child and, Can I just put all 5 of us under 1 navica emed account, or does every adult need his own app? Crazy!

The adults don’t need their own app, but they do need their own accounts. You can just do them on after the other on the same device, logging out the prior person and in the new one. 
In fact you only need the app to display your results — if you choose to print them out you can print the pdf that gets sent to your email. You still need an account for the app, but you can also make one on their website. 

If you put all in one account, the "primary account holder" has to be there for the test, but that seemed the only twist.  They did not like me putting my 9 year old's passport up, it had to be mine.  And, if you happen to share a name be prepared for extra hoops, but it eventually works.