Does RC add excursions closer to cruise date?

ellipses127

Our cruise is on June 5th going to the Western Caribbean on Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston. Does anyone know if they will be adding more excurisions to the website? Most excursions are already sold out in Belize right now. I know we can do a 3rd party excursion but with that being a tender port I would much rather get something via RC. I have read that it's VERY hard to get a tender ticket off the ship when you use an outside company.

On my Navigator of the Seas cruise last month, they definitely added more shore excursions as we got closer to the cruise. Some of the best options were added within 15-30 days of sailing. I get the sense that the pandemic is making it take longer for Royal to confirm excursion availability with the local tour providers. 

Sometimes.  I am sailing March 25 and new excursions were added last week and this week.  I would suggest if you have an opportunity to book an excursion with RCL that you want to book, book early and you can always cancel.  You can also use a 3rd party that has a 24 hour cancellation policy and book and keep watching the RCL site.

8 hours ago, Funeegal said:

Sometimes.  I am sailing March 25 and new excursions were added last week and this week.  I would suggest if you have an opportunity to book an excursion with RCL that you want to book, book early and you can always cancel.  You can also use a 3rd party that has a 24 hour cancellation policy and book and keep watching the RCL site.

My daily routine has been to check the site to see if anything has been added or if the sailing price has gone down. I don't mind multiple website checks, I feel like it makes the countdown go faster ha! 

My cruise is leaving in 23 days and they are adding items everyday not sure covid had anything to do with lack of options until now or they add them when you get closer.
We had checked everyday for the perfect day beach bed options on the website then finally they added it and only 5 beds left. So check daily if there is something you really want

38 minutes ago, Danielle62777 said:

My cruise is leaving in 23 days and they are adding items everyday not sure covid had anything to do with lack of options until now or they add them when you get closer.
We had checked everyday for the perfect day beach bed options on the website then finally they added it and only 5 beds left. So check daily if there is something you really want

That makes me feel TONS better... I'd rather wait to book things anyway! We have already been to all of these ports & I know what my kids like to do so it's just having the options available. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DFW mom said:

woke up this morning, to see lots of excursions added for Grand Cayman!! so happy

Yay! They dumped a bunch of excursions for our Belize stop earlier this week - they dropped in there at like 5/6p Texas time, I thought that was weirdly late but I got the cave tubing one we wanted! Betcha you will see some post about 60 days out if not WAY sooner! 

• 4 weeks later...