App Question

I have already downloaded the app and am ready to go (even though I don't leave until August!)   I've done a ton of research watching the RC Blog videos, and among cruise groups on Facebook.

One thing I'm still uncertain about is the app.  I'm used to being in charge of family travels, so my natural instinct is to just have the app on my phone and handle everyone's needs for them.

I'm traveling with husband and two teen kids, so they're all capable of downloading and using the app, but my question is: Do they have to have the app for checking in and other important functions?  We got the internet package so we can already message each other on Snapchat or Whatsapp, so we don't need to use the app for messages.  I'm just wondering whether I can do everything we need from my single app.

Thanks in advance

11 hours ago, burbuja0512 said:

I'm just wondering whether I can do everything we need from my single app.

Can you do everything for them on your phone?  Yes

Will your kids want the app on their phone?  Yes  

Explanation:  I started cruising with my son in 2004 when he was 8 years old.  For years we cruised disconnected.  I am a computer programmer, and I used the cruises to get away from electronics.  My son would go spend the day in the kid's clubs or running around with his new friends.  I would carry the paper daily schedule highlighted with the things I wanted to do.  Jump ahead 16 years.  Everything I do on the ship is done of the cell phone.  I look for actives on the app.  I look to see what eating places are open on the app.   I look to see where things are located on the ship on the app.  I look at menus on the app.  I have gone from being disconnected on a cruise ship to being lost without my phone for daily/hourly items on the ship.  The other thing the app is good for is keeping track of the ship time of day.  Some of the ports the time changes but the ship time does not.  You can always look at the app to see the ships time.

I would say if your kids did not use cell phones they could do without the app.  If they are cell phone kids, they will want the app to stay informed.

21 hours ago, burbuja0512 said:

What about check-in and the muster drill?  Can I just do those from my phone for our whole party of 4?

Thanks for all of your replies.

Yes you can, everyone is supposed to watch the video's and listen to the warning tone and everyone WILL have to go down to the muster area to have their Seapass scanned.

Them having the app is still worthwhile and free, no internet required just connect their device to the wifi and click the use for app only or something like that.  Makes it a ton easier to figure out what everyone wants to do together and separately.