Royal Credit Card

Hey all,

Being a major points hoarder, I am very surprised at the lack of incentives by Royal and other lines on having an array of cards.  The hotel & airline industry has a plethora, many of which pay to have(great features and benefits).  Royals seems to have no major benefit really.

One would think that they could have several cards, varying in benefit and annual fee.  Couple benefits to me come to mind that would make one appealing, Crown & Anchor night credit(s) annually, as well as an on board incentive.  

All other sectors of travel have much more rewarding cards out there, other than the cruise industry.  I can't be the only one who thinks this way right?

7 minutes ago, MarkFamMan said:

Hey all,

Being a major points hoarder, I am very surprised at the lack of incentives by Royal and other lines on having an array of cards.  The hotel & airline industry has a plethora, many of which pay to have(great features and benefits).  Royals seems to have no major benefit really.

One would think that they could have several cards, varying in benefit and annual fee.  Couple benefits to me come to mind that would make one appealing, Crown & Anchor night credit(s) annually, as well as an on board incentive.  

All other sectors of travel have much more rewarding cards out there, other than the cruise industry.  I can't be the only one who thinks this way right?

The B of A card is "free" of annual fees, and I am content with the 2% points accrual for Royal's purchases.  

23 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We are both long time BofA Royal Caribbean customers.  We have earned and spent thousands of reward dollars onboard over the years.

How exactly do you redeem rewards I am trying to but I can’t find and figure out where?

1 hour ago, jay1021 said:

Good Question!

If you're talking about the Bank of America Royal Caribbean rewards card, you log into your B of A credit card account and look for "Cruise Points" That section will tell you how many points you have, their expiration date and give you an option on redeeming them. I have always used my laptop, not the BOA app, to use the rewards. I just redeemed 15,000 points for OBC last week and was pleasantly surprised to see it already applied to my Nov 2022 cruise 

6 minutes ago, Okgladgal said:

If you're talking about the Bank of America Royal Caribbean rewards card, you log into your B of A credit card account and look for "Cruise Points" That section will tell you how many points you have, their expiration date and give you an option on redeeming them. I have always used my laptop, not the BOA app, to use the rewards. I just redeemed 15,000 points for OBC last week and was pleasantly surprised to see it already applied to my Nov 2022 cruise 

Thank you.  I know how to see my points in the BOA website.  I'm just not sure about how to redeem them.  This helps.

I don't doubt many have earned significant rewards, but in today's day and age 2% on a propietary purchase and 1% on everything else is not high.  Several cards offer flat 2% cash back which you could invest and make more, although other cards that offer way more points than just 2%.  Some hotel cards give over 6x points when spending with them and 3% on select categories for example, plus status upgrades and credits towards the loyalty status.

Guess I can just dream lol.