What all can you use OBC for

Teri

We have 450!total on board credit from RCI and expedia. Can they be used on alcohol, excursions, on board purchases, etc? Are there usually exclusions? I may have to call and find out.

You can use OBC for all the things you listed above. You can also use it for specialty restaurants and spa treatments.. Pretty much anything you would buy onboard. 

Pretty much anything you would buy onboard. 

This is an important tidbit. Onboard credit can only be spent onboard. You cannot use it to pre-purchase things through the online Cruise Planner (such as specialty dining, excursions, drink packages, etc.) before the cruise; the Cruise Planner purchases must be paid with a credit card.

This is an important tidbit. Onboard credit can only be spent onboard. You cannot use it to pre-purchase things through the online Cruise Planner (such as specialty dining, excursions, drink packages, etc.) before the cruise; the Cruise Planner purchases must be paid with a credit card.

That is an important detail that I need to wait if I want to use it on any excursions. Thanks for this info.

Keep in mind too that you must use all the onboard credit given to you - or it goes back to the people that gave it as well

sometimes this is different but they will not give you any leftover money back  - have had people think they could do that

on ships but the credit generally would go back to the source it comes from if not spent.  Cannot imagine though who could

not "spend" money on cruises = all those things listed you can use it for -