Independence (3/4 - 3/7) - Guests onboard?

Anyone know the rough number of guests that were onboard Indy this last weekend (3/4 - 3/7).  I was on and asked several crew members, but the numbers they told me weren't consistent. I heard everything from 50% to 80%...    I'm guessing it was pretty high in that it appeared that the crew (particularly) bar staff at Coco Cay and at Playmakers was overwhelmed;  I guess it could be that crew numbers are down as well...   just curious.  Thanks!

We were on Indy 2/25, had the same impression in regards to crew being overwhelmed but they were throwing out 2000 as the number at guest services and the ship was definitely not close to full (second time on Indy and a couple on Mariner since relaunch so i have an idea of what a post-covid "crowded" ship looks like).

We were on Indy this past weekend, too. I was told ~3,200 guest and 85% capacity.  It felt like 85%, too! lol

Also agree, Playmakers crew were running around like crazy. Kind of felt bad for them. They definitely needed backup.  

We were on Indy for NYE  and it was so different. 50% capacity is like having a cruise ship to yourself. 

I was glad to see they were brought back the pool contest (Sexiest Man and Belly Flop) this time around. Felt like things were getting back to normal.  Little by little.  

We will be back again April 1 (one weekend before you), so it will be interesting to see if any other changes occur in the next few weeks. 

Happy cruising! 

On 3/9/2022 at 9:20 AM, Snotarni said:

Yeah...  maybe they were working in some new crewmembers...  I'm sailing on Indy again 4/8 - 4/11 so it'll be interesting to compare...  Playmakers and Coco Cay were the biggest places I notices some overwhelm...

I'll be on the one right after you on 4/11. First time on Royal with 3 kids in tow...can't wait!