Royal Up Bidding Amount

43 minutes ago, Vacation Crazy said:

We have an ocean view balcony stateroom for our May, 2022 Symphony sailing.   We just received our Royal Up. The starting bid for a Junior suite is $250/pp and a one bedroom Grand suite is $700/pp.  

We sail on April 23rd and haven’t heard anything from RoyalUp. The website says check back when we’re 30 days from sailing. We’re 45 days right now. I was hoping to put in a modest bid on an RoyalUp for the chance to upgrade. We’re on a GTY interior. 🙂 You’re so lucky to get a RoyalUp so soon!

13 hours ago, Vacation Crazy said:

We have an ocean view balcony stateroom for our May, 2022 Symphony sailing.   We just received our Royal Up. The starting bid for a Junior suite is $250/pp and a one bedroom Grand suite is $700/pp.  

Just clicked on Royal up and see my May 1st cruise is avaiable to submit an offer.  Some of those high end cabins start at $5,000 (that's each for the first 2 guests!)    WOW

12 hours ago, smost said:

We sail on April 23rd and haven’t heard anything from RoyalUp. The website says check back when we’re 30 days from sailing. We’re 45 days right now. I was hoping to put in a modest bid on an RoyalUp for the chance to upgrade. We’re on a GTY interior. 🙂 You’re so lucky to get a RoyalUp so soon!

Try now, perhaps it will work
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

On 3/9/2022 at 8:09 PM, Pattycruise said:
On 3/9/2022 at 6:59 AM, Vacation Crazy said:

We are sailing on SOS April 30th, I consider it a May cruuse.  We have a JS Ocean balcony on the hump deck 9.  We were able to place our bid 2 weeks ago. Placed 3 bids on different categories.  All say pending. GS 1 bdrm was the lowest.  Hubby wants that 1.  I want the crown loft.

Seeing what you are saying there is little chance we will get any of them.  At that time it was min bid to jump to 1 bdrm was 250 pp We put in 450 pp.  If they are saying 700 we will be SOL.  

We will be happy either way bc our location currently with the JS is ideal, both from a deck location, but also its on the hump giving us a larger balcony.  Plus, due to Covid we were able to keep it at our 2020 price.  We rebooked for 2021 and than had to shift to 2022.  kept the same cabin each time.

Our bid was mainly based on the perks offered for the higher level cabin.  Such as CK and Zoom.  If we get it than we will drop the unlimited dining and eat at CK.  Yes, I know we can TRY to get into CK as a JS on embark action day, but we would prefer to have our back up of the unlimited since it is usually cheaper to purchase prior to sailing than on embarkation.  The other was Zoom.  Removing both of those add ons equates to only a few hundred more for the upgrade.  

the other reasons we are okay with not winning it would be our points.  The JS gets double points for us right NIW since it is not a Royal Up.  The double points would bring us up to the next level.  Doing Royal Up we won't get double, so we will need to take one mire cruise to get to the next level with perks.  Hardship, I know...honey, we need to do another cruise if we win!  

Truth be known the only reason I truly want the upgrade on this is I want the availability to go to the suite pool deck and not fight with chair hogs.  

9 minutes ago, Last Lion said:

Let me get this right. If you have double points on an existing cabin, you would lose them if your Royal Up is accepted?

No.  You are awarded the points based on your original booking so if you are booked in a JS originally, you will get double points regardless of a RU award.

59 minutes ago, Last Lion said:

Let me get this right. If you have double points on an existing cabin, you would lose them if your Royal Up is accepted?

No you misunderstood what they were saying.

If you booked your cruise during the timeframe when Royal was offering the double points promotion you still get double cruise points regardless of the cabin you are in.

For example you are booked in a balcony stateroom on a 7 night cruise instead of getting 7 points you would be awarded 14 points under the promotion (7 for the cruise and another 7 under the promotion). However if you booked a balcony and then did the Royal UP  to a junior suite or higher you would still only get 14 points (not 28 points) because when using Royal Up to upgrade the points you accrue is based on the cabin you originally booked.  The only way to get 28 points under the double point promotion while using a Royal Up would be for you to have originally booked at least a junior suite.  You can not get 28 points on a 7 night cruise if you book a balcony and Royal Up into a suite the most you will accrue is 14 total points.

On 3/8/2022 at 1:52 PM, LovetoCruise87 said:

We are currently booked in a ocean view balcony on our Sept 2022 cruise on Harmony. Can anyone give me an idea on what the bidding amount would look like to bid on a Junior Suite and a Grand Suite One Bedroom?

Appreciate the feedback.

It's way too early and there's a lot of unknown factors that go into how they price the starting bids. I'm on a 4 nighter on Oasis in April in an interior and I have RoyalUp offers all the way up the chain to a 2BR GS. The JS min is $850pp and the 1BR GD is $900pp.