Any News on Protocols?

Does anyone know if there are set dates that RC will release their updated protocols for dates past April 14th?  My family and I are scheduled for a cruise on April 18th and aren’t vaccinated, so we have been unable to get an answer about a refund of our FCCs (original cruise date was March 2020).  

It has been a frustrating ordeal having $3k held up by RC for the past few years and we are hoping we can get a refund due to the vaccination policies. Any info on possible dates of protocol releases would be appreciated.

5 hours ago, Padgett12345 said:

I know the vaccination requirements will still be in place, I’m just having zero results with any type of refund and RC customer service always falls back on the excuse of saying “protocols can change”.  

I am exactly in the same place as you!  When I called last Friday I was told by mid week this week the end of April protocols should be out.  It is definitely nerve wracking waiting.  I am actually all set and will be cruising but my daughters and their families will not be able to cruise…along with several other members in the group cruise I had.  
It is very sad we have had to hang in limbo for sooo long!  Fingers crossed the announcement comes before this weekend!

Hey guys, I’m in the same situation. Have one booked for late April. I feel like I keep getting strung along “things can change by then we don’t know” so frustrating! My whole thing is if they don’t require boosters what is the point still enforcing the entire mandate? I mean someone who got their two shots last year has waned immunity right? I do know someone who has “insider” info who claims they are doing away with it after April 14th but I really don’t think that’s possible? Who knows…things are happening fast everywhere! Side note- I haven’t received any of these protocol updates, should I be? 

3 hours ago, Scott Decker said:

How does a certificate of recovery differ from the usual covid test? How do you get one? I'm confused! Sailing April 15th

It comes from your health care provider and documents when you were ill with Covid, so it only applies if you've had Covid and usually only on a fairly recent timeframe.

The requirement to book an RC shore excursion if you have unvaxxed kids has been rescinded (unless the port requires it)

Healthy Shore Excursions
For departures on or after March 18, 2022: all guests, regardless of vaccination status, may visit most ports freely or book a shore excursion. A few ports still require an excursion to go ashore, regardless of your vaccination status. For more details on specific requirements by port, please visit our Ports of Call FAQs.

52 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The requirement to book an RC shore excursion if you have unvaxxed kids has been rescinded (unless the port requires it)

Healthy Shore Excursions
For departures on or after March 18, 2022: all guests, regardless of vaccination status, may visit most ports freely or book a shore excursion. A few ports still require an excursion to go ashore, regardless of your vaccination status. For more details on specific requirements by port, please visit our Ports of Call FAQs.

Just came here to post about this. Shame it was just a little too late for our sailing last week, but at least we can plan on it for sailings moving forward (hopefully).

RCL opted-in to follow the CDC health protocol guidelines for cruise ships.  RCL would have to drop out to defy those protocols.

15 hours ago, sammy79 said:

This is an awesome news!  Time to start researching excursions for our cruise next week!

You will still have to follow the health protocols of the ports you are visiting.  You should determine that before anything else.   

On 3/15/2022 at 10:31 PM, smokeybandit said:

Healthy Shore Excursions

Does this mean my 8 year can now get off at St Thomas when we cruise in a few weeks?

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

You can now quarantine in your own cabin. This should open the gates to getting back to 100% capacity

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/03/19/cdc-relaxes-more-cruise-ship-covid-19-protocols

I read "if the passengers is the only one in the cabin". Does that mean you have to be traveling solo to quarantine in your own cabin? 

Looks like I read that wrong. 

• If a traveler identified as a close contact is disembarking the ship within 36 hours, the cruise ship operator may allow the traveler to stay in the original cabin if the traveler will be the only person in that cabin.

Ok that's just dumb. So it's only for close contact quarantine and only for solo travelers. I'd be curious how many solo travelers have been identified as close contacts on the last full day of the cruise.  Any?

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

I got excited about the prospect of quarantining in my cabin too, but it's a weird rule. You'd have to be solo in the room (maybe they can move family elsewhere?) and it only counts if you're identified as a close contact

I thought close contacts didn’t quarantine for a long period of time, I thought it was 2 tests your out

On 3/19/2022 at 9:28 AM, smokeybandit said:

You can now quarantine in your own cabin. This should open the gates to getting back to 100% capacity

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/03/19/cdc-relaxes-more-cruise-ship-covid-19-protocols

The way it is worded is suspect.  Must be within 36 hours of disembarkation AND be the only occupant of the cabin.  If exposed person was traveling with others in the same cabin they would still need to quarantine in separate quarters?

It was quite the fiasco trying to decide if we’d go ahead and make our final payment for a group family cruise to Alaska in the summer. We ended up canceling, wah wah. But! My husband, little one, and I juuust booked a five day out of Galveston. None of us are vaccinated. We are putting in a special needs request for no vaccine. Hopefully that’ll be approved. You only get one shot and have to have already paid for your cruise. Apparently there are one of two routes you can take with that, religious/conscience exemption OR medical exemption. Does any one have experience with these requests?

2 hours ago, WasAnAthlete said:

It was quite the fiasco trying to decide if we’d go ahead and make our final payment for a group family cruise to Alaska in the summer. We ended up canceling, wah wah. But! My husband, little one, and I juuust booked a five day out of Galveston. None of us are vaccinated. We are putting in a special needs request for no vaccine. Hopefully that’ll be approved. You only get one shot and have to have already paid for your cruise. Apparently there are one of two routes you can take with that, religious/conscience exemption OR medical exemption. Does any one have experience with these requests?

Good for you and your family! I am so hoping you get to cruise!

4 hours ago, WasAnAthlete said:

If you have a legit medical exemption I'm sure your doctor can write something. But if not, don't except an exception. In fact, you probably should just not book anything for a while. That, or just get vaccinated. 

17 minutes ago, ChanaC said:

If you have a legit medical exemption I'm sure your doctor can write something. But if not, don't except an exception. In fact, you probably should just not book anything for a while. That, or just get vaccinated. 

I am sure the option of getting vaccinated was probably already considered.  Don't you?

6 minutes ago, gatorskin76 said:

I am sure the option of getting vaccinated was probably already considered.  Don't you?

Yeah, probably. But they probably already knew the answer when they wrote this as well. But anything to get more people vaccinated, you know? Who knows, it could just be one little thing that turns on a switch and makes people realize they just need to do it.  And instead of being rude, I'm hoping being kind and honest will help. 

31 minutes ago, ChanaC said:

And instead of being rude, I'm hoping being kind and honest will help. 

Your message came off more caustic than kind and honest to me. This is a message board about cruising, not trying to convince people to make personal life choices. Let's keep it that way.