Main Room Dining Menu

Ja-sun

Is there a way to find/view the "theme" night dinner schedule for the Windjammer?  Would be nice to know at the start of the cruise which nights in the Windjammer will be featuring  Indian, Chinese, Italian, Caribbean cuisine, etc.  I only found it to be listed in the Cruise Compass on the day of the theme dinner (published night before).

3 hours ago, Ja-sun said:

So my cruise isn't until October, but I want to take advantage of the dining deals they are offering now. Where would I go to look up the past cruise menus?

Go to the app. Choose a current sailing on your ship.  As stated before, menus don’t change much.

Actually, one of the small joys we experience on a cruise is stopping by the wall kiosks and checking on the menus for the day.  It is a great way to kill some time in between activities   We rarely eat at specialty restaurants, but we do like to be prepared to order quickly in the MDR.  We have loads of fun trying to sort out the appetizers, entrees, and desserts, which also helps us plan our lunch.  Now if I had purchased a dining package, I would use the App has others have posted.  Enjoy your cruise!

3 hours ago, EmptyNestTravels said:

Is there a way to find/view the "theme" night dinner schedule for the Windjammer?  Would be nice to know at the start of the cruise which nights in the Windjammer will be featuring  Indian, Chinese, Italian, Caribbean cuisine, etc.  I only found it to be listed in the Cruise Compass on the day of the theme dinner (published night before).

You can also see this on the app. If your sailing is not close, select one on your ship that is. Open the Windjammer in the Dining section and click on menu.

Screenshot_20220309-163621_Royal.thumb.jpg.ecf758c02f701b0e17ea83a3c8f79a5e.jpg

My 2023 Allure sailing doesn't have the menu posted yet, but the current sailing does. It's Caribbean in the WJ tonight.

Screenshot_20220309-163450_Royal.thumb.jpg.a90724809d341ab06eaf9f02f3fdd8c1.jpg

12 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

You can also see this on the app. If your sailing is not close, select one on your ship that is. Open the Windjammer in the Dining section and click on menu.

My 2023 Allure sailing doesn't have the menu posted yet, but the current sailing does. It's Caribbean in the WJ tonight.

I didn't realize the Windjammer menu was listed in the App.  Thought only MDR and specialty restaurants were.  Thanks!!

12 hours ago, Ja-sun said:

So my cruise isn't until October, but I want to take advantage of the dining deals they are offering now. Where would I go to look up the past cruise menus?

Our sail date is October 17, 2022 and I can access the MDR menu's from the app.  The only menu I don't have is Hooked for lunch on embarkation day but my reservation for it is on my planner.

9 hours ago, FrHoffard said:

Our sail date is October 17, 2022 and I can access the MDR menu's from the app.  The only menu I don't have is Hooked for lunch on embarkation day but my reservation for it is on my planner.

I found it. I had no idea the MDR menu was on the app. Nice.

6 hours ago, EmptyNestTravels said:

Seems they always have burgers, hotdogs, chicken fingers, mac & cheese, cheese bar, salads, etc, and Indian food available in addition to the theme food of the night.  And way too many dessert options! 🙂 

Thanks!! I really love all the assistance I get from this board. Y'all are lifesavers!!♥️

• 1 year later...

I guess I will resurrect this one.

I am inside 30 days for our upcoming cruise and I don't see the menu option for the MDR nor WJ.  Has that changed?  I would like to know what the selections will be in advance so when I get on board I can make our specialty restaurant reservations.

19 minutes ago, brdjnr said:

I am inside 30 days for our upcoming cruise and I don't see the menu option for the MDR nor WJ.  Has that changed?  I would like to know what the selections will be in advance so when I get on board I can make our specialty restaurant reservations.

You might need to switch to the current cruise your ship is on in the app in order to see the menus. If your itinerary is the same or similar, your menus should be the same.

1 hour ago, brdjnr said:

For MDR, check "MDR 5" on the app...that will show you the current menus.  Windjammer, not sure- I just looked at mine and its set for my cruise in October, and it shows a menu- but all it shows is the burger of the day 

2 hours ago, ScottD said:

For MDR, check "MDR 5" on the app...that will show you the current menus.  Windjammer, not sure- I just looked at mine and its set for my cruise in October, and it shows a menu- but all it shows is the burger of the day 

What am I missing?

Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 11.50.15 AM.png

23 hours ago, ScottD said:

interesting - our upcoming cruise (next week!!) has menus for the first 7 days (ours is a 9 night on Oasis, but it's the only one this summer, so days 8 & 9 are still blank and will be til we get onboard - meaning days 6 & 7 may change since they will likely have the Royal night & Bon Voyage on days 8 & 9 instead- but Day 3 only has a kids menu.  Windjammer that day has Mexican as its theme, so maybe that's Mexican night in the MDR also.