Dropping luggage early at the terminal

I've been trying to find the answer to this, but everything I see is prepandemic.

We are sailing out of Port Canaveral on Friday. We have a family member who lives nearby and wants to take us to breakfast. My question is, can we drop the bags early, maybe 9am for our 11:30am check-in? 

We aren't trying to check-in early, just drop our bags with the porters. If it is possible and we did this are we increasing our changes of lost or misplaced luggage? I'm assuming they have completely separate areas for embarking and disembarking, so there's no chance that someone leaving the ship grabs ours. I know the porters are working to get everyone off the ship, so I was thinking more of a bag not making into the departing area in all the confusion.

Alternatively, I know there are some restaurants right next to the terminal that serve breakfast. I'm assuming they are used to customers coming in with luggage like that?

Thanks, everyone!

I have been able to drop off my luggage early (without checking-in) at Port Canaveral in September 2021.  I don't know if things have changed since.

In Tampa (December 2021), I was turned away at the gate and not allowed to drop off luggage ahead of check in time.  At Port Everglades (March 2022), I was able to drop off my luggage two hours ahead of my check in time.  They also let us line up by the terminal entrance about an hour ahead of the check in time.  I don't know if this is a port thing or a protocol (state of COVID) thing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 11:12 AM, Swar said:

As long as the porters are accepting luggage, drop it off. We usually drop off luggage, park, and leave carry on baggage in vehicle. If way to early for boarding, we go to Grills. GREAT place for a meal. 

What I've noticed at many terminals, the baggage drop off and the check-in procedures are disconnected.  So, if the porters are out there accepting baggage for your cruise, I don't see how anyone knows what the other is doing/the left arm knowing what the right arm is doing.  Only exception I can think of is if they put your boarding time on your luggage tags.  I haven't cruised since they've been doing the strict boarding time thing.  Boarding times, pre-COVID, were just suggestions.  I can't see the porters paying any attention to boarding times on the luggage tags, they are working for tips, Afterall.  I'd give it a try, what you got to lose.