To Royal Up or Not on Wonder

Royal Up  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you bid for the Junior suite p/p ?

• Not worth it
    • 300-500
    • 500-800
    • above 800

We have received an email for our upcoming transatlantic cruise (14 days) on the wonder to upgrade our stateroom with the Royal Up program.

Is it worth it to upgrade for a junior suite or Sea balcony ?  We now have a park balcony so we are a bit in doubt.

Does anyone have experience with it ? If in case you are upgraded to the Junior suite will your points get doubled as well ? (or quadrupled in our case with the double points offer)

R_up.jpg

I voted not worth it but then read your post lol

I WOULD consider it for a long cruise, especially a TA. Several days at sea would equal more time in my cabin and the extra space would be nice.

It’s also nice to possibly eat dinner at Coastal Kitchen. I probably would keep the bid around $300 p/p 

12 minutes ago, Jill said:

I voted not worth it but then read your post lol

I WOULD consider it for a long cruise, especially a TA. Several days at sea would equal more time in my cabin and the extra space would be nice.

It’s also nice to possibly eat dinner at Coastal Kitchen. I probably would keep the bid around $300 p/p 

Yeah would have done it initially for the points tbh, but than again the suite area on the ship looks nice and it’s a 14 days cruise so all in all might give it a try, nothing really to lose here 🙂 

8 minutes ago, Swar said:

Try to buy the upgrade outright first. It may be cheaper and you get the double points.

Would have been an option if the room was even bookable at all so strange they offer it via Royal Up. Maybe the cruise is already at capacity and they are trying to get additional income streams. 

19 minutes ago, Mark_A said:

weirdly - I submitted a minimum bid to upgrade from an interior to a balcony, for the march 18th sailing.  It was accepted this morning.  I thought this strange since it is so far out still to sailing. I am not complaining though!!!

That’s awesome Mark ! Enjoy it, wow that’s a great upgrade.

doubts that gonna be the case with us as we just heard from our travel agent that the sailing is completely sold out. 😞

I have to agree with Jill. I originally said not worth it but a 14 day cruise kinda changes the game. We had to change a cruise at the last minute and Royal gave us a ultra spacious ocean view with large balcony for the price of a regular balcony. The room slept 6 and it was just my wife and I. It was right under the Aqua suites so I think it was basically the same size. We did feel like "royalty" (no pun intended)