Canada announces Covid 19 rules for return of cruise ships to Canadian ports

https://globalnews.ca/video/8690081/covid-19-canada-to-change-testing-rules-for-fully-vaccinated-cruise-ship-travellers-in-april/

Great news! While testing is still required to board the ship (as is all cruise lines policy right now) another test is not required for disembarking in a Canadian port.

11 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

https://globalnews.ca/video/8690081/covid-19-canada-to-change-testing-rules-for-fully-vaccinated-cruise-ship-travellers-in-april/

Great news! While testing is still required to board the ship (as is all cruise lines policy right now) another test is not required for disembarking in a Canadian port.

Well thank goodness for that. Some of these rules truly make absolutely no sense. 

• 2 weeks later...

So since we're talking about getting into Canada.....................here's more ridiculousness: 

We disembark Radiance in Vancouver. I read last week in an Alaska facebook group that you can be denied entry into Canada if you have been convicted of a DUI/DWI/Reckless driving. Apparently it doesn't matter how long ago it was. So dear hubby had a DUI in college over 35 years ago. 

Has anyone been through the process of applying for a temporary resident permit? That is what I'm being told needs to be done. I've never heard of this stupidity and thank goodness I'm in that facebook group because I would have never known. We sail end of May. 

1 hour ago, Jill said:

So since we're talking about getting into Canada.....................here's more ridiculousness: 

We disembark Radiance in Vancouver. I read last week in an Alaska facebook group that you can be denied entry into Canada if you have been convicted of a DUI/DWI/Reckless driving. Apparently it doesn't matter how long ago it was. So dear hubby had a DUI in college over 35 years ago. 

Has anyone been through the process of applying for a temporary resident permit? That is what I'm being told needs to be done. I've never heard of this stupidity and thank goodness I'm in that facebook group because I would have never known. We sail end of May. 

That sounds like something that would be criteria if you were looking for permanent residency in Canada, not as a tourist.

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Here are RC's rule for Canadian ports. Not really much different than US cruises for vaccinated folks other than extra paperwork.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/03/28/royal-caribbean-releases-health-protocols-alaska-cruises

Email received today indicates that all "guests 5 and older will need to complete an antigen test within 1 day prior to arrival to Canada. Registration details will be provided onboard."

This differs from what is posted in the blog and on the website "Prior to Entering Canada: Unvaccinated guests 5 to 11 years old will take a complimentary antigen test onboard prior to visiting or debarking in Canada."

Royal can't even get their own communications to match what they post online.

7 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Email received today indicates that all "guests 5 and older will need to complete an antigen test within 1 day prior to arrival to Canada. Registration details will be provided onboard."

This differs from what is posted in the blog and on the website "Prior to Entering Canada: Unvaccinated guests 5 to 11 years old will take a complimentary antigen test onboard prior to visiting or debarking in Canada."

Royal can't even get their own communications to match what they post online.

Well technically that email received today is correct. Problem is it changes on April 1 and you don't need a test to get off the ship if you're vaccinated.

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Well technically that email received today is correct. Problem is it changes on April 1 and you don't need a test to get off the ship if you're vaccinated.

The automated email vs. the updates for what will be coming soon. Makes sense.

7 hours ago, Jill said:

This sucks, and can definitely hinder your admittance... but a waiver can be obtained 

This info might be helpful for you... hopefully it's not too big of a pain!  

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/overcome-criminal-convictions.html

• 2 weeks later...