Check in time

How early can I check in when it is my check in day? Is it available at midnight the day it starts? Or is it in the early morning (7:00-9:00AM) or even later? I want to get the earliest boarding time so I want to check in as soon as I can. I assume the earlier that I check in the better chance I have at getting an early boarding time?

Thanks 

I'm pretty sure it opens at midnight. 

I happened to wake up in the middle of the night and check-in was open. The earliest we could get was 11:30 but I heard sometimes there is a 10:30 check-in option.

If you happen to miss it, keep checking back because sometimes the earlier time slot will become available.

Check-in should open up at Midnight Eastern time. A couple of other things though.

1. If you do want to get an early arrival time as soon as check-in opens, you only need to select an available check-in time. You can return later to complete the rest of check-in. (When you are more awake and/or caffeinated!)

2. The earliest check-in times may become available at a later date. For example, on the day of check-in for our last cruise, the earliest time available was 12:00-12:30pm. A week later, 11:00-11:30am became available.

The good news is that you can always edit your check-in time to get an earlier time (or later, if need be), so feel free to keep checking back.

(BTW, I kept checking back and I'm still trying to figure out how some other people got 10:00 and 10:30 check-in times!)

2 hours ago, SPS said:

Check-in should open up at Midnight Eastern time. A couple of other things though.

1. If you do want to get an early arrival time as soon as check-in opens, you only need to select an available check-in time. You can return later to complete the rest of check-in. (When you are more awake and/or caffeinated!)

2. The earliest check-in times may become available at a later date. For example, on the day of check-in for our last cruise, the earliest time available was 12:00-12:30pm. A week later, 11:00-11:30am became available.

The good news is that you can always edit your check-in time to get an earlier time (or later, if need be), so feel free to keep checking back.

(BTW, I kept checking back and I'm still trying to figure out how some other people got 10:00 and 10:30 check-in times!)

What is THE REST OF CHECK IN?  What does it involve?

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

There are several different things you do in check-in (names, passports, contact info, pictures, vaccine cards). You don't need to complete all of them to get to the time selection page.  You can pick your time, then go finish the rest later.

what type of picture is needed?

7 minutes ago, Walt Golas said:

When does the check in open, 45 days out? 60 days out?

45 days currently 

6 minutes ago, BigusDickus said:

Can we show up 30 mins or so early... without getting turned away?

They may make you wait until your assigned time to enter the terminal. Most have queues set up outside the terminal for the different arrival times.