Getting to MIA for a flight

We are booked to fly out of Miami on March 26 at 11:49am.  I generally do not book anything before 11am.  I do not think 8:35am is even possible given you would want to be at the airport 1-2 hours ahead of the flight, the ship would not likely be cleared to do so.  I would find that way to stressful.

no.  That's too early.  We had a 10AM flight and were able to be one of the 1st off the ship and got off by 7:15.  Arrived at MIA by 7:45 via Lyft, but it took almost a full hour to get through security.  I don't think even  if you are TSA pre check you could in any way do 8:35.

No anything before 10am is going to be rough. Even though the ship gets into Mia at 6am, they have to get cleared. Most people can't leave the ship until 7am at the earliest. Which would give you less than 90min to get to MIA, go through security and try to make boarding. I believe boarding closes 15-20min before the flight is scheduled to leave so an 8:35 flight really means 8:20ish. It's at least a 20min drive from port to airport. You won't make it.