Towel Charges

BOB A

Has anyone else been wrongfully charged for not returning towels? We had a $125 charge for towels even though we returned them all.  I called customer service and after being passed around a couple times they said they would have to contact the ship to verify. I am pretty sure the problem accrued in Labadee when we returned the towels at the pier and the guy look our room number down.

I am very disappointed that they would give me a hard time over towels we returned after spending so much money on the overall cruise!! 

This stupid policy doesn't seems to be in the same level/category of this Cruise Line. 

As stated before, who would steal those towels? 

Other cruise lines doesn't care if you return on time or not the towels, you have towels on your cabin, on the pier, on pool deck, etc...

Here you have to "check out" the towels like a low level hotel. It´s baffling

On 3/7/2022 at 10:50 AM, carlosalonsor said:

As stated before, who would steal those towels? 

It's not about theft.  People take towels off the ship and they get left wherever.  Eventually Royal has supplied brand new towels to the residents of every port because people haven't brought that many back to the fleet of ships.  They could easily just rent the towels out or not provide them at all.  I am sure there are a ton of other ways it could be handled as well which would all be called stupid.  But I can bet that if someone came into your bathroom and took 4 or 5 towels every couple days and forgot them somewhere you wouldn't be happy about it either.  Royal is dealing with potentially thousands of towels being left places.

With that said I have no clue what happened but I tend to get my towels on the ship and make sure to scan in and out every single time.  If they are writing stuff down I don't want the towel in the first place nor will I drop off with them because who knows if it will be correctly handled or not.  Hopefully things are straightened out over the charges.

1 hour ago, MuttMutt said:

With that said I have no clue what happened but I tend to get my towels on the ship and make sure to scan in and out every single time.  If they are writing stuff down I don't want the towel in the first place nor will I drop off with them because who knows if it will be correctly handled or not.  Hopefully things are straightened out over the charges.

I scanned and told the towel attendant ONE towel. Hubby was right behind me and he scanned and asked for ONE towel.  Now we can’t see what they put into the computer. I returned my towel first and she mentioned 2 towels, so I assumed she meant my husband-despite each of us scanning separately (I guess it goes to the stateroom, not the person). He returned his towel later and was told we still owed 2 towels.😡 needless to say I left my afternoon snooze to go get that straightened out.

like Pooch said, check the account.  I usually catch a few charges that shouldn’t be (drinks charged that should have been free under Diamond after telling them “use a Diamond drink”. )

I recall someone with this topic a few months ago and it took time but Royal finally gave them the refund (I don’t think they disputed either their CC company but that couldn’t hurt if you did!)

11 hours ago, MuttMutt said:

It's not about theft.  People take towels off the ship and they get left wherever.  Eventually Royal has supplied brand new towels to the residents of every port because people haven't brought that many back to the fleet of ships.  They could easily just rent the towels out or not provide them at all.  I am sure there are a ton of other ways it could be handled as well which would all be called stupid.  But I can bet that if someone came into your bathroom and took 4 or 5 towels every couple days and forgot them somewhere you wouldn't be happy about it either.  Royal is dealing with potentially thousands of towels being left places.

How does other cruise lines like Princess deal with this? They do and they don't charge you for towels... It's possible and feasible.