What is the sailing capacity on Mariner of the Seas?

Hi guys.

Newbie here.

We are sailing on the Mariner of the Seas - March 12-March 17th out of Port Canaveral.   Only 5 days to go.  Whoop Whoop.

We are in a Balcony Cabin on Deck 7.  Already applied for Royal Up for a Suite, but I am guessing I have more chance of smelling Rockinghorse Shite, than I do of getting into a suite during Spring Break.

Anyway... what I am trying to find out is .... Does anyone know what capacity this ship will be sailing at?

Thanks in advance!

18 minutes ago, FloridaDave said:

On the same sailing,

Just got the email confirming we "won" an upgrade from an outside to a spacious balcony, so it could happen

Well done you.  🙂   I have just tried to make a MOCK booking of a Suite on RCL direct, and there are non showing on their site.   The highest you can go is a Balcony.. which we have already.. But really happy for you, Dave!  

7 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

They don't, and really never have, release the capacity. At most someone from a current sailing can ask the projected numbers. 

Since this will be a spring break sailing, I would guess at maybe 75-85% capacity maybe between 3000-3200

I was guessing it will be close to capacity.  But if it is only 75%... it will make it easier to get to the bar!  lol

Thanks for your thoughts on this.  🙂

17 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Getting on Mariner after two weeks of charters. Have fun with that!

We have a friend who is on Mariner right now for the 80's full ship charter.  They go every year and have a blast.  We had an ol' home week reunion this weekend; they flew down from VA for the cruise and 6 of our other friends who have moved to FL from VA in the past 2 years all got together with them.  It was really fun.  I know that our friends who are on Mariner now are having a blast.  Good for them !  Not sure what the other charter was....

22 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

No, not really.  More tongue in cheek than anything

Phew... I was starting to think that you knew something that I didn't.  lol

Definitely on WIND DOWN MODE now though... to get on board.

The only arrival time at port was from 12-noon and after... so we grabbed that one.   Hoping it doesn't take too long to go through the Covid Testing BS etc.

4 hours ago, BritInFlorida said:

Phew... I was starting to think that you knew something that I didn't.  lol

Definitely on WIND DOWN MODE now though... to get on board.

The only arrival time at port was from 12-noon and after... so we grabbed that one.   Hoping it doesn't take too long to go through the Covid Testing BS etc.

Where are you in Florida Brit? We are Brits as well, based in Orlando

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I’m new too! The royal website said they are sailing at 50% capacity- is that not true anymore? 

Brit, how crowded was it? And how much did you bid on your upgrades? I’m sailing Mariner of the Seas for my first cruise this Saturday! Based my bids on the thought that it was only 50% capacity!

44 minutes ago, VAmarshbag said:

Hi! I’m new too! The royal website said they are sailing at 50% capacity- is that not true anymore? 

Brit, how crowded was it? And how much did you bid on your upgrades? I’m sailing Mariner of the Seas for my first cruise this Saturday! Based my bids on the thought that it was only 50% capacity!

I’m on Mariner now (March 17-22), and it’s about 3,100 guests which is about 75% capacity.   It feels more crowded than earlier in the restart, but not bad at all.   Just be sure to plan ahead for when you want to grab a pool chair and head to MDR for breakfast on sea days and you will be fine.   

9 hours ago, Patchy said:

I’m on Mariner now (March 17-22), and it’s about 3,100 guests which is about 75% capacity.   It feels more crowded than earlier in the restart, but not bad at all.   Just be sure to plan ahead for when you want to grab a pool chair and head to MDR for breakfast on sea days and you will be fine.   

Thank you Patchy! I'm totally new to all of this - what do you mean by plan ahead? Get there early? If so, how early?