find another cruise line!

As for the, "one and done," aspect of the post...

I believe that many people come here believing that they can vent directly to Royal by posting here.  We know better, of course.  But many have no clue.  They never intended to come back.  It doesn't matter what we say, positive or negative, they're never coming back.

So, bon voyage...

1. OP, if you are still out there, I pray for a speedy recovery.

2. I agree that there is no need to cross the line and attack the OP; however, everyone's "line" is different.  

3. OP is a senior citizen, each generation has there own understanding of social media, the internet, etc.  I subscribe to the old school mentality, if you don't want it to be read, don't write it.  Also, think before you speak/write.  I agree with many that the initial tone of the OP was a "one and one" rant type of posting and that the OP was not likely looking to be educated or receive sympathy.  Despite this, the post now has 2 pages of replies. LOL

4. Experienced cruisers have answers that many new cruisers will not like or understand.  We are all adults.  Don't read into things that aren't there and don't take (or make) things personal.  Sharing a personal story is one thing, personally going after someone or spinning your brain and inferring an attack is another.

5. No business is perfect. No individual is perfect.  Don't throw rocks.  Trust me, on the internet, we all live in glass houses.

6. If you are on these boards to mainly spew negative comments and remarks about Royal Caribbean....that very well might be the very definition of "troll."  Don't troll.

On 3/8/2022 at 10:10 AM, Ja-sun said:

The only thing I disagree with is my in laws had a cruise credit for a seven night cruise for two. They couldn't use it because of health issues, and Royal would not let anyone else use it. It could only be them that could use it. So they lost almost $2000 because my in laws could not give the cruise to my wife and I. 

If you are referring to a future cruise credit then I would suggest your in laws call back again and again until they get someone who can make this right.  Royal has become much more flexible in allowing FCC's to be shared amongst family members and this seems like a compelling case.  

1 hour ago, recogneyes said:

If you are referring to a future cruise credit then I would suggest your in laws call back again and again until they get someone who can make this right.  Royal has become much more flexible in allowing FCC's to be shared amongst family members and this seems like a compelling case.  

The only thing is that this happened back in 2019. They paid for their cruise, but couldn't go because of a health issue. Royal gave them a year to use it, but they couldn't because of the same health condition. Royal would not let us use their cruise credit even though they wanted to give it to us. 

6 hours ago, Ja-sun said:

The only thing is that this happened back in 2019. They paid for their cruise, but couldn't go because of a health issue. Royal gave them a year to use it, but they couldn't because of the same health condition. Royal would not let us use their cruise credit even though they wanted to give it to us. 

Ok, I understand and yes, that is different than the FCC being issued due to the halt in sailings.  The only other suggestion I have then is to send an email to guest relations guest_relations@rccl.com and explain the situation and see if anything can be done.  It can't hurt to ask.  Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

This is not exactly 100% true, we have sailed with RC a lot of times and had various sailings moved, cancelled etc etc. I have even moved ship last min and they have always accommodated us without any penalties. Have you asked if you can move the deposit to another sailing? if you are Loyal to Royal we have found them very helpful.

7 hours ago, TracyRevell said:

This is not exactly 100% true, we have sailed with RC a lot of times and had various sailings moved, cancelled etc etc. I have even moved ship last min and they have always accommodated us without any penalties. Have you asked if you can move the deposit to another sailing? if you are Loyal to Royal we have found them very helpful.

My TA who books strictly RCCL said recently that reservation policies are now more like they were before Covid (e.g., the cruise with confidence policy is now limited to bookings made on or before March 31, 2022 that depart before September 30, 2022 ) - if you book something outside those limits you lose 100pp of the deposit if you cancel (rather than a FCC or refund). It is possible to get refundable fares (which are typically higher priced), but I am referring to the non-refundable ones. I went over this with him carefully recently since we were wanting to book one in August 2023 about which we were tentative. But miracles do happen, it’s always possible to ask.

Confused why CWC wouldn't apply? OP said they booked (obviously before March 31, 2022 based on the time of his post) for a cruise this September. All this is within CWC. He would just get issued FCC for any amounts he has paid and he'd be able to use it for up a year after the original sailing date. Seems like that would be a good option after he recovers?