Carrying on luggage

whitsmom

I don't completely understand what you're asking, but once you arrive at port, you can leave anything you want with a luggage tag attached and the porters will get it to the ship. Your bags will arrive in your stateroom sometime that day.

If you carry your luggage on board, you will have to lug them around until your stateroom opens. 

We have cruise many times, however for our next cruise (July Oasis), we are flying in the day before and will be carrying on our luggage.  I will print out our luggage tags so with that done, can we leave them with RCI at port and they take them to our cabin or will we have to lug it all around until our cabin is ready?

You may want to "check" most of your luggage with Royal Caribbean by attaching your luggage tags and handing them off to the porters at the terminal.  Your luggage will arrive to your stateroom sometime later that day.  There is no guarantee what time the luggage will arrive though, just sometime that day.  It is advisable to carry on a bag with you onto the ship that contains all your essentials for the first few hours (medicines, sunscreen, bathing suit, personal hygiene items, etc.)  You will have to keep up with the carry on bag until you are allowed into your stateroom.  They start boarding the ship a few hours before the staterooms are ready to be occupied.

You may want to "check" most of your luggage with Royal Caribbean by attaching your luggage tags and handing them off to the porters at the terminal.  Your luggage will arrive to your stateroom sometime later that day.  There is no guarantee what time the luggage will arrive though, just sometime that day.  It is advisable to carry on a bag with you onto the ship that contains all your essentials for the first few hours (medicines, sunscreen, bathing suit, personal hygiene items, etc.)  You will have to keep up with the carry on bag until you are allowed into your stateroom.  They start boarding the ship a few hours before the staterooms are ready to be occupied.

That's what I thought but we have always been picked up at the airport by RCI and taken to ship.  Thanks!

That's what I thought but we have always been picked up at the airport by RCI and taken to ship.  Thanks!

In my experience you'll find no lack of porters.  Be sure to bring cash to tip the porter, a couple of dollars per bag, maybe more if they're cumbersome.

Yes, you have the option of checking any of your luggage and Royal Caribbean will deliver your luggage to your stateroom later that day.  The benefit is you do not have to lug it around.  The negative is that it may take several hours for your luggage to arrive (so do not check anything important that you need between embarkation and dinner).

Yes, you have the option of checking any of your luggage and Royal Caribbean will deliver your luggage to your stateroom later that day.  The benefit is you do not have to lug it around.  The negative is that it may take several hours for your luggage to arrive (so do not check anything important that you need between embarkation and dinner).

Glad to hear that.  We will have a small bag with stuff we will need but I sure didn't want to lug around all that other stuff!  We are taking the grand kids so I can enjoy their first ever exploring the cruise ship without added "baggage"  LOL