Sprinkler System Activated on the Promenade on the Wonder

Saw videos posted elsewhere showing sprinkler system on Wonder went haywire today, causing major waterfall on 4-5-6, including Promenade. Looked like the staff jumped into quick action with towels. Hope everyone and everything is okay -- and that the malfunction/damage doesn't impact the March 11 sailing.

"Flooding" is a litte click baity.  

The sprinklers activated in a central section of the promenade.  The floor was wet but there was not torrents of water "flooding" the ship.  

The sprinklers produce a heavy mist.  They put out a good bit of water.  Yes things were wet but it was well short of a flooding event.  The promenade has since reopened.  

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

The sprinklers activated in a central section of the promenade.  The floor was wet but there was not torrents of water "flooding" the ship.  

The sprinklers produce a heavy mist.  They put out a good bit of water.  Yes things were wet but it was well short of a flooding event.  The promenade has since reopened.  

I used "flooding" because that's what I heard the supervisor tell her staff.  I only saw the water dripping from the ceiling in front to Studio B.  I was gonna say "dripping or leaking" originally

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

I saw pooling of water but he is correct not all sprinklers on Promenade activated. I was able to walk from Spotlight Karoake to nearest elavators on that side and did not get wet. Middle seemed to get hit hardest but not the Johnstown flood.

IMG_20220306_121142.jpg

• PG Cruiser changed the title to Sprinkler System Activated on the Promenade on the Wonder
1 hour ago, StuartL said:

I saw pooling of water but he is correct not all sprinklers on Promenade activated. I was able to walk from Spotlight Karoake to nearest elavators on that side and did not get wet. Middle seemed to get hit hardest but not the Johnstown flood.

It's raining in Johnstown today but we are not flooding again.  Some Johnstown folks will be on next week but hoping not floods.

6 minutes ago, bobroo said:

Why am I the only person to think there was a small fire onboard and the sprinkler system did what it was designed to do???

Because with a couple thousand very inquisitive passengers on board, I'm not sure a fire in an open space like the promenade would have gone unnoticed.

On 3/6/2022 at 4:10 PM, twangster said:

It's the new adult Splashaway Bay area.