Air Canada / Switch Health test for boarding RCL?

I was on the phone getting clarification it took me four staff members a manager and a supervisor and they told me at the end that the switch telehealth are not accepted for boarding onto Royal Caribbean ships. It comes down to that they’re not approved for US standards but we can use him to come home to Canada on board. It’s crazy I get a different answer each person I speak with . 

I'm wonder if the reason the Switch Health (Air Canada/Aeroplan) telemedicine antigen tests are being approved by RCL staff is because the test result doesn't say "telemedicine" on it.  I have see a posted Switch Health telemedicine result that was approved to board a RCL ship and it had nothing to indicate the test was taken via telemedicine.

Switch Health does offer in person testing at Pearson Airport in Toronto and other locations in the Province. It would be impossible for RCL staff to differentiate between an in person Switch Health test (which doesn't need to be FDA approved) and one done via telemedicine (needs to be FDA approved) unless the results say so.

Since I've only seen the one Switch Health telemedicine result posted online it would help if someone could verify that their test did or did not have "via telemedicine" on it. 

12 hours ago, Jafo said:

I don’t believe they would be based on the wording on RCL website.  Says they have to be FDA approved which I have not found that the Switch ones are.  We are using ours to return to Canada after our March Break cruise.image.thumb.png.631b27415e8d604bf53be526173d93df.png

They are indeed FDA approved. Switchhealth tests are made by SD Biosensor which is in the list of FDA approved covid tests.

19 hours ago, Jillyalex said:

I was on the phone getting clarification it took me four staff members a manager and a supervisor and they told me at the end that the switch telehealth are not accepted for boarding onto Royal Caribbean ships. It comes down to that they’re not approved for US standards but we can use him to come home to Canada on board. It’s crazy I get a different answer each person I speak with . 

18 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@recogneyesdid this just last week.

We actually had our test at the SH Pearson airport site....which is 5 mins away from the airport but results were super quick.  We then used the SH telehealth tests to come back home (took them in our cabin on last night of cruise).  We flew Air Canada and had no trouble boarding flight or at customs.

However, when I look at BOTH test results, they read exactly the same way.  The address is the same (Mississauga) and the Test Type reads SD Biosensor COVID-19 Ag Test (BAS).  I truly do not see how Royal could differentiate between where/how they were administered.  To @Versachi's point, there is no reference to this being a telehealth administered test on my results.

12 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Well that's interesting news. The switch health kits are indeed the STANDARD Q type.

Screen Shot.png