First Transatlantic booked-tips?suggestions?

I booked my first Transatlantic from Southampton England to NY for October of ‘23 on Anthem

I’ve sailed Anthem, so I’m familiar with the ship.  any hints/tips/tricks I should be aware of regarding a transatlantic?  I suppose I should start with …how to get to the port  in England (closest airport)? And then anything related to the seas…packing, etc?

thank you!

The closest airport is Southampton (SOU) but it's very small. You can't fly there direct from the US but you could conceivably use a connecting flight through Amsterdam, as KLM have a couple of flights a day on the AMS-SOU route. 

Realistically,  you're looking at flying into either London Gatwick (LGW) or Heathrow (LHR) both of which are a bit of a distance from Southampton. It's a good excuse to spend a few days pre- or post-cruise in London! 

This website here can be very useful for planning: https://www.londontoolkit.com/ but bear in mind that some parts may not be fully updated to reflect covid interference. 

This compnany https://www.internationalfriends.co.uk/ offers pre and pist cruise stays, tours and transfers and apoears to be very highly regarded by cruisers over on CC. In full disclosure, I have not used them myself.

Hope this helps. Have fun planning! 😀

6 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I booked my first Transatlantic from Southampton England to NY for October of ‘23 on Anthem

I’ve sailed Anthem, so I’m familiar with the ship.  any hints/tips/tricks I should be aware of regarding a transatlantic?  I suppose I should start with …how to get to the port  in England (closest airport)? And then anything related to the seas…packing, etc?

thank you!

Make sure you get on both the Cruise Critic group and Facebook Groups for your cruise.  The Trans-Atlantic cruises often have very active boards with planning and additional activities on sea days.