Denied Boarding But Bag was taken onboard and lost

1 hour ago, Terri Smith Johnson said:

Now I'm paranoid.  I uploaded our vaccine cards on the app for boarding pass and now cannot find them.  However in Louisiana, we have a Smart Health Card, a digital record of the vaccination under the LA Wallet app.  Does anyone know if this will work?

Unless someone here tells you that Royal/port has accepted a digital record, I'd keep looking.   I'd call my county and get the records (and I did, just in case).  That's just me.

8 hours ago, Ray said:

You should ALWAYS buy Travel Insurance!!

Having no Insurance reminds me of a story of someone i know! 

A couple decided to travel to Australia to visit family, the husband who organised it all paid for vacation in cash but didnt get travel insurance ( his wife had some underlying medical conditions but nothing to serious ) 

While on vacation the woman took ill and was admitted to Hospital however due to no insurance which the family didnt know about, there was only so much Australian Hospitals would and could do. This meant the family back home had to raise £28,000 to pay off medical bills and for flights to enable the woman who's condition was deteriorating to be flown home under the care of a doctor and nurse to get treatment. 

Once back home the womans condition steadily got worse! A burst ulcer in Australia had meant septicaemia was travelling through the body and put the body into septic shock. She passed away at the age of 60 due to not having insurance, if they had then it would have been treated.This is why having insurance is important.

Those who knew her called her June...i just called her mum x

Oh no. I’m so sorry. We live and learn. 

14 hours ago, dcr50usa said:

I can understand the issues as we had a bad one in 2015 that , in our minds was not resolved properly and the TA CEO couldn't do anything when we were checking in. Unfortunately with the lot number not on the CDC Vax card, you have an invalid card as it has not been properly filled out out the time of getting the vaccine which I am sure will be the point made by RCL and point out that it was your responsibility to ensure you had a properly filled out CDC vax when vaccinated.

Sorry to hear that you did not have insurance, I know its an extra cost, but I was advised by a senior cruiser many years ago that its best to have for the monies you have outlaid for the vacation along with possible medical issues (accidents). Same logic has applied for years with car/home/life insurance.

Hope you get a refund and your baggage back

We’re hoping for a cruise credit. With regard to the bag RC has no idea where it went after it enjoyed the cruise.  And trying to get hold of anyone at RC involves 2 hours in the phone - 2 minutes to explain the issue and an hour and 58 minutes on hold while they try to find someone with analytical skills. 

6 hours ago, Terri Smith Johnson said:

Now I'm paranoid.  I uploaded our vaccine cards on the app for boarding pass and now cannot find them.  However in Louisiana, we have a Smart Health Card, a digital record of the vaccination under the LA Wallet app.  Does anyone know if this will work?

The real problem is your yankee coach , that’s all y’all  really need to worry about !🤪

The organization where the shot was given usually has this information accessible by via their website where the lot info has to be entered.  Did you try to load your vaccination history on your phone?  That is what I'm doing, in addition to having my card completely filled out, before I head to the port.  I'm sorry you had this experience.

On 3/6/2022 at 2:41 PM, MaureenG said:

We’re hoping for a cruise credit. With regard to the bag RC has no idea where it went after it enjoyed the cruise.  And trying to get hold of anyone at RC involves 2 hours in the phone - 2 minutes to explain the issue and an hour and 58 minutes on hold while they try to find someone with analytical skills. 

At this point I would turn to social media or email. Usually they will get back to you via those channels and be able to get your message to the right people.

We just got off of a cruise on Liberty, from Galveston (yay! no masks!). 

If you have lost your vaccination card, or if it's incomplete, you can get your family doctor to fill out a new one for you.  Ours did for both of us.  They can look them up, online.  Mine had taken an unintentional bath in my wallet in French Polynesia (it WAS readable, but not great).  TAKE PICTURES of them, both/all parties, on multiple phones.  Just in case.  We do the same for passports and driver's licenses.

On 3/5/2022 at 10:31 PM, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

This! You're entitled to a full refund based on your compliance to their requirements and their improper denial of boarding.  If you lost money from flight changes, You're entitled to damages for that as well. I've never been to small claims court, but I think you might be able to file a case and they'd likely settle out of court with you based on the clarity of the verbage in this FAQ page. First you should call several times to see if they can work something out for you without you having to file a court case.

My advice for you would be to escalate right away.  In this case, right when you got denied boarding by the agent. If you get a no from someone, ask for their manager.  If they say no, find someone else to talk to. There's no way I'd accept being denied boarding if I knew I had met the requirements. I'd get the pharmacy I got the shot on the phone and have them send paperwork. No is not an answer. It's kind of a Karen move, but some situations require this level of attention. 

I know this is highly unlikely, but if that second dose info was forged and you didn't push to get onboard because of it, you'd best lay off any further refund requests as that's a significant crime.

We wouldn’t dream of trying to submit forged documents. We’re both fully vaccinated and boosted and we’ve both had Covid. We managed to get confirmation of all the shots emailed to us at the port. Unfortunately it was five minutes after they had closed the doors. 🤬

On 3/5/2022 at 11:02 PM, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

Documentation requirements according to the guidelines listed on Royal's site were met. Check it out

You’re absolutely right about whose responsibility it was to check the card. However we were required to submit copies of our vaccination records during the pre booking process. I accidentally submitted a copy of my first shot twice stead of a copy of shot 1 and 2. Within an hour I received a call from RCL advising me of my mistake which I corrected immediately. My boarding was then approved and I was good to go. My husband provided copies of shot 1 and 2, shot 1 had the batch number shot 2 did not but RCL accepted it and approved his boarding. We have print outs from RCL stating our records were approved and we were good to board the ship. 😳. When we got to the pier we were told we needed the batch number. 

On 3/6/2022 at 2:02 AM, RCVoyager said:

I noticed a few weeks ago that my vac card was missing the Lot Number on my booster.  I went back to the facility that gave me the shot, and they added the information to my card and then gave me a printout of my complete vac record with that facility.  I thought it was a minor omission, but I guess it's good that I followed up.

Really sad to hear from OP on this.  As someone else mentioned, if the info was added correctly I would fight to the finish on this.  If it was forged, quit now before you bite off more than you can chew.

We wouldn’t dream of submitting forged documents. We’re vaccinated and boosted plus we’ve both had Covid. We actually managed to get proof, with batch numbers, minutes after the pier doors closed. 

On 3/8/2022 at 11:48 AM, MaureenG said:

We wouldn’t dream of submitting forged documents. We’re vaccinated and boosted plus we’ve both had Covid. We actually managed to get proof, with batch numbers, minutes after the pier doors closed. 

I appreciate that.  I was not accusing, just advising.

I really do wish you all the luck, and I hope you get satisfaction.

As for us, we have chosen a land only trip this year, in the USVI.  Hoping there are less issues with getting in and out as it is related to Covid.  Although, I must say, the possibility of a cruise on a ship that is only half full is attractive to us.

On 3/5/2022 at 10:48 PM, DJ VINCE said:

Same here, curious to know how it works for us Europeans on a US cruise. 

does any one have experience ?

I’ve uploaded our European vaccine cert on check in on the app and they’ve been flagged as having an issue🤷‍♂️

Hi Alan

Meanwhile Royal has accepted our vaccination passes so we are good to go. 
just wait a couple of days and try again, maybe it was’t clear. Make sure you upload the EU digital certification pass with the number on it together with the manufacturer of the vaccin, your name, date it was taken. 

if not give them a call. I advice you to use VOIP to call to the US.