Running at Coco Cay

I've read previous posts that say that running isn't ideal at Coco Cay. Options are running the coastline or the tram path or the nature trail. I saw that the distance is minimal as well.

That said, is it possible to run the entirety of the island, going past the guest areas and around the coastline? I think the answer is know, but I'm curious if anyone has tried.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, TwoTexans said:

I've read previous posts that say that running isn't ideal at Coco Cay. Options are running the coastline or the tram path or the nature trail. I saw that the distance is minimal as well.

That said, is it possible to run the entirety of the island, going past the guest areas and around the coastline? I think the answer is know, but I'm curious if anyone has tried.

Thanks!

I walked the paths and some of the time there were people in my way.  That is walking.  I would assume running would be much worse.  Also, the ships were at 40% compacity when I went.

Coco Cay is mostly sand, trees, and water.  The tram path would be your best option as it is hard packed and easy to walk/run on.  Not a lot of foot traffic but plenty of golf carts and trams to avoid.   Don't think it is possible to run the entire island as some parts are under construction and/or off limits.

On 3/5/2022 at 12:10 PM, TwoTexans said:

Thanks!

I’m not a runner. The Tram path is quite bumpy/uneven terrain despite it pretty much being packed sand.  The path ends at Chill Beach BUT you can continue through Chill Breach guest area, through the straw market and it would take you to the bridge that brings you back to in front of the water park /the pier to the ships.  I don’t think the entire coastline is available to run, the Beach Club area would be in the way, 

CocoCay is not set up for running.  The perimeter of the island is not available as some areas are closed off with no guest access.

There is a path around the inner harbor that is mostly pavers but there will be many guests walking in any and every direction, across the path, in reverse, kids doing unpredictable moves, etc.