Flying home from Vancouver

Does anyone have information on testing protocols for flying home from Vancouver starting with May Cruises to Alaska on Radiance? Is this testing happening on the ship? Are they ding antigen or is PCR required to board the flight home and if so what is Royal Caribbeans plan for that? 

5 hours ago, luvstodans said:

Does anyone have information on testing protocols for flying home from Vancouver starting with May Cruises to Alaska on Radiance? Is this testing happening on the ship? Are they ding antigen or is PCR required to board the flight home and if so what is Royal Caribbeans plan for that? 

No information as of yet, but my guess is you will be responsible for your own testing. Royal is not providing tests right now to anyone but back to back cruisers. Vancouver airport has a ton of testing options currently, so you should have no problem just going to the airport and testing. Just leave yourself some extra time before your flight. 

Thanks for response. Royal Caribbean is doing the PCR tests for flying home for Grandeur Guests from Barbadoes, the day before debark. Not sure where you got the information but it does not conform with what they guest have been told in writing on Grandeur ? Anyone else have information? 

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Has anyone successfully used them outside the USA? I'm curious if they'd know you're outside the USA and block you.

We have friends on Grandeur who have been informed they will be tested on board for flight back from Barbados? I am wondering if this will be the same and today we had to have a PCR test on Independence to go to Vision tomorrow ...

1 hour ago, luvstodans said:

Thanks for response. Royal Caribbean is doing the PCR tests for flying home for Grandeur Guests from Barbadoes, the day before debark. Not sure where you got the information but it does not conform with what they guest have been told in writing on Grandeur ? Anyone else have information? 

This testing is actually provided because Barbados requires it. In order to disembark in Barbados, "guests disembarking and departing on the same day will be subject to the requirements of the intended destination" (Barbados Port Entry Protocols 2022 by Visit Barbados - Issuu). Since the US currently requires testing, passengers with a final destination of the US are not allowed to debark without a test. Conveniently, that covers their entry into the US as well.

As of right now, Barbados is unique in this requirement. Royal determined quickly that offering onboard testing when they didn't have to just meant they had to cover expenses for people who tested positive. So I do not see them offering onboard testing unless Canada requires it.

I am just speculating. I could be wrong, and that would be lovely for everyone since onboard testing is certainly convenient.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2022 at 10:29 AM, luvstodans said:

Royal quit testing international travellers needing to get home from US cruises around the time omicron started increasing, I doubt they are going to provide it for US travellers needing to return from Canada.