Port Canaveral

FJ28

1 hour ago, FJ28 said:

Anyone know what is going on in Port Canaveral with shore excursions?  I have booked 4 different excursions and all have been cancelled. As well others that had been sold out are cancelled as well.

Not sure what's going on, but I'm in the same boat for my July cruise... 😔

I have a shore excursion booked at Port Canaveral for April 28th.  It’s been booked for months and is not yet cancelled.

I hope they don’t cancel it. Included in the excursion is transportation to the airport. I hope I’m not scrambling for last minute transportation.

We were just on Anthem with a port of call in Cape Canaveral and all of our shore excursions were cancelled except for a pontoon tour and shuttle to the Ron Jon shop which both sold out.  This was a huge disappoint to our space loving 8 yo who wanted to see the Kennedy Space Center.  I believe the issue is timing.  We didn't dock until 3 and weren't cleared to leave the ship till 3:30. At that point there is no time to go anywhere before they close (KSC closed at 5 the day we went). We thought, ok, maybe we could grab an Uber into town and least see the beach and play mini golf, but getting an uber at the pier with 600 other straded guests was impossible.   We waited almost an hour in a huge line to get a non RC shuttle to Cocoa Beach, and it was, IMO, a complete waste of time and money. 

My two cents is that if they know they can't get passengers off the ship till almost 4, maybe they should make Port Canaveral an overnight stop so people can actually do something during the next day, but I know this doesn't work for their scheduling.  Good luck to you!  I wish I could offer more advice, but this stop was a huge disappointment an otherwise lovely cruise.

On 3/5/2022 at 8:29 AM, FJ28 said:

Anyone know what is going on in Port Canaveral with shore excursions?  I have booked 4 different excursions and all have been cancelled. As well others that had been sold out are cancelled as well.

Kennedy Space Center and the Astronaut Hall of Fame are quite fascinating. Can't speak much on travel to/from the pier as I live in the county.