Random Observations on the Wonder

2 hours ago, GKMCruising said:

20) They've changed some process/supplier/equipment with printing Seapass cards. It was almost some sort of laminate with the printing and was prone to peeling even without getting wet.

That seems to fleet wide, or at least on many ships.  I've had several delaminate.  Usually back first followed not long later by the front.  Four night cruise on Brilliance and I couldn't make it without getting my card replaced.

Which reminds me...  I picked up a delaminated card in the parking lot coming off Odyssey.  Without any printing it was a pretty blue card with a Royal logo. 

I brought it with me to use in the cabin power slot on Wonder.  Now I just realized I left it in the power slot when I debarked.

Darn it, now I need someone else to drop an old card in the parking lot.  🤣

33 minutes ago, twangster said:

Which reminds me...  I picked up a delaminated card in the parking lot coming off Odyssey.  Without any printing it was a pretty blue card with a Royal logo. 

I brought it with me to use in the cabin power slot on Wonder.  Now I just realized I left it in the power slot when I debarked.

Fun fact, I grabbed one of the little coupon cards from the FL welcome center for the Crocs outlet or something and it worked just fine in the power slot. And, now that you mention it, I left it in our slot as well. 🤣

45 minutes ago, twangster said:

That seems to fleet wide, or at least on many ships.  I've had several delaminate.  Usually back first followed not long later by the front.  Four night cruise on Brilliance and I couldn't make it without getting my card replaced.

We suffered near instant (ok, by day three) delamination back on the first week of Jan '22 on Anthem;  seems like a very large 'bad 'batch of cards.  Hope they fix it soon, we like to keep them as souvenir.

43 minutes ago, GKMCruising said:

Fun fact, I grabbed one of the little coupon cards from the FL welcome center for the Crocs outlet or something and it worked just fine in the power slot. And, now that you mention it, I left it in our slot as well. 🤣

What does that power slot do I apologize for a dumb question but I had to ask?

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Oh man... I just remembered.  I left my Marriott Silver Elite card on the power slot.  Will Royal allow me back on the Wonder to pick it up?

2 hours ago, Leighq said:

Designed to be an energy saving feature. Idea is you place a room card in a slot. That slot controls the master switch for the lights and AC temperature point. Remove the card, lights out and AC temperature is increased. Insert card, lights on and AC temperature set to a lower value.

Most of the time I burn more energy. Always fun heading to Guest Services for an "extra key" when the door slams shut and you forget the room card.

12 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Most of the time I burn more energy. Always fun heading to Guest Services for an "extra key" when the door slams shut and you forget the room card.

This is the reason why guests bring used gift cards/hotel key cards/past Seapass cards/etc for ships that have these power slots.  The current SeaPass card stays in the pocket/purse or the lanyard.

On 3/12/2022 at 5:44 PM, Leighq said:

On a recent cruise, my awesome Stateroom Attendant (SRA) pulled a blank card out of his pocket and stuck it in the power slot for me, so I'd have power all the time.  That also decreased the odds of me accidentally leaving my SeaPass card in the room when the door closed behind me.  Never thought about getting a blank card or discount card, etc. on my own to bring with me in the future.  Great idea from @PG Cruiser and @GKMCruising.  Thanks!!