Random Observations on the Wonder

• PG Cruiser changed the title to Random Observations on the Wonder
9 hours ago, Jill said:

@PG Cruiser Are the room safes smaller? I saw on a Wonder Facebook group that a tablet won’t fit. We usually bring an iPad. 

I've seen this size safe on smaller ships.   The opening is 10" x 5"; it's 8.75" deep.

13-in Macbook Air, which won't fit inside, was added for reference. (Swag for Day 1 added for bragging purposes.  Yes, I said "Day 1"; CD Mike said there'll be surprises everyday)

247819102_ScreenShot2022-03-05at7_04_33AM.thumb.png.5db329a67e975d5616936e6597acdcae.png

6 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I've seen this size safe on smaller ships.   The opening is 10" x 5"; it's 8.75" deep.

13-in Macbook Air added for reference. (Swag for Day 1 added for bragging purposes.  Yes, I said "Day 1"; CD Mike said there'll be surprises everyday)

247819102_ScreenShot2022-03-05at7_04_33AM.thumb.png.5db329a67e975d5616936e6597acdcae.png

Thank you for measurements! Very helpful. Hope there’s still some goodies in 2 weeks. I really like those hats! 

I'm sailing solo (as usual) and I have lot's of time to do recon work.  Ask me to find things out for you.  I like looking for details that other observers, podcasters, and vloggers don't talk about.  You want me to count outlets and ports in the room?  You want me to measure the shower enclosure, the sink?  For those details, I'm your man!

19 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

NOTE:  USB Port won't take my USB plug.  The opening on the black cover plate is misaligned with the port itself. 

Sounds like you are having new ship issues with your room, too! 😂

They forgot to put batteries in our safe. 2 out of 3 of the TVs need to be rebooted and we had a collapsed shelf bracket.

36 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I'm sailing solo (as usual) and I have lot's of time to do recon work.  Ask me to find things out for you.  I like looking for details that other observers, podcasters, and vloggers don't talk about.  You want me to count outlets and ports in the room?  You want me to measure the shower enclosure, the sink?  For those details, I'm your man!

Hi PG cruiser

hope you are having an awesome time there ! 

I was wondering on the inputs of the television in the stateroom and which brand it is.

I imagine the remotes still don’t allow you to change the input ? Makes me think if a universal one would do the trick. 

2nd question is if there are any European Power sockets in the room because it would make it much more convenient than all the plugs.

enjoy your vacation to the fullest. We are looking forward to our transatlantic trip next month. 

31 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Sounds like you are having new ship issues with your room, too! 😂

They forgot to put batteries in our safe. 2 out of 3 of the TVs need to be rebooted and we had a collapsed shelf bracket.

Another issue I've seen happening is with "sticky doors."   Make sure the doors are really closed.  I needed to give mine an extra push when leaving and an extra pull when inside the room to get the lock to latch properly.

As I was passing by the hallway, I heard a room attendant assisting a guest who seemed to have trouble opening the door from the inside.   

Room Attendant (from outside the door): "Sir, you want to get out of your room?"

1 hour ago, Jill said:

Does the huge movie screen impact the serenity of Central Park? Saw a video the other day of them testing the sound and it was super loud down in the park. Seems like a dumb place to put the screen lol 

Agreed!!! Thankfully, our CP balcony cabins in JAN are on the other side of CP closer to the water slides and the other elevator tower!

Hopefully, they will still do the concerts in the park at night and tone the big screen down on the pool deck so it's not like that episode of Seinfeld with the Kenny Rogers Roasters neon sign!  🤣

The Chicken Roaster” – Light Nuisance – Seinfeld Law

Chicken-Roaster-Mr-Marbles-Seinfeld-656x300.jpg?crop=1

I will second the sticky door situation....a solid push until you hear the clock is the answer.

In our cabin, the built-in nightlight/glow bar thing in the bathroom doesn't work.  If you are sailing soon, pick up a cheap battery operated votive candle so you don't have to turn the bathroom light on in the middle of the night.

14 minutes ago, 12thman said:

Not in mine...the conditioner dispenser wasn't working. Room attendant fixed it.

I am booked in the cheap seats on this trip - I have to pick up my own bottle of conditioner.  🤣🤣🤣 Glad issue issue you had got fixed. It is all part of being on a shake down cruise.

I should have noted I was referring to the soap/faucets in the public restrooms.

If you look around, there are crew with tool bags fixing various things.  One of the doors out to the bridge wings was being worked on before we even set sail.

36 minutes ago, ptod said:

I am booked in the cheap seats on this trip - I have to pick up my own bottle of conditioner.  🤣🤣🤣 Glad issue issue you had got fixed. It is all part of being on a shake down cruise.

I should have noted I was referring to the soap/faucets in the public restrooms.

If you look around, there are crew with tool bags fixing various things.  One of the doors out to the bridge wings was being worked on before we even set sail.

Oh! Yes, I saw maintenance fixing the water to the fire hose. Wonder (pun intended) if the repairs are covered under warranty?

15 minutes ago, 12thman said:

Oh! Yes, I saw maintenance fixing the water to the fire hose. Wonder (pun intended) if the repairs are covered under warranty?

Maybe not under warranty but if Royal presents their loyalty card at time of service maybe they can earn enough points for new wind shield wipers or a free oil change.

Was one of the few people who did not go off the ship for Labadee, they were practicing their next welcoming parade on Deck 5 and the sprinkler system went off.  

My wife and I were just completing a trivia contest in the karaoke when it happened. We were told exit to left and staff was great. 

On 2/9/2022 at 5:39 PM, Vancity Cruiser said:

Must have been a very aggressive bid!

12 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

On all my cruises post-COVID, they've collected the pencils, but they made sure to mention that we should put them in the "FOR SANITATION" container.

We were always allowed to keep them.  It finally dawned dawned on me to just put a pencil in my pocket in the morning and stop collecting them.