xSAILEDx Adventure of the Seas - Dec 22, 2023 - Dec 30, 2023 (8 Night Eastern Caribbean Holiday Cruise)

3 hours ago, Firefly said:

Update: All is good now. We got our same hump balconies that we originally booked for Voyager. Huge sigh of relief. Now I can get excited about this  cruise again. 😊

Lucky! Our 4 rooms somehow got switched to guaranteed rooms.  Sending an email to the TA now so she can deal with this.  We have had rooms in different parts of the ship before, and it isn't a big deal.  But considering this one is for Christmas it's a bit more important to me that the two rooms for my immediate family be really close.  I don't plan on bringing much in the way of presents, but whatever I do bring I was counting on just sneaking onto their balcony via our balcony (we had aft rooms booked on the 6th floor, so if anything were to be dropped during this maneuver it would be easy to retrieve based on how the layout is there - these dividers don't open so can't just walk room to room.  I had the whole thing planned out)

26 minutes ago, sleepy425 said:

Lucky! Our 4 rooms somehow got switched to guaranteed rooms.  Sending an email to the TA now so she can deal with this.  We have had rooms in different parts of the ship before, and it isn't a big deal.  But considering this one is for Christmas it's a bit more important to me that the two rooms for my immediate family be really close.  I don't plan on bringing much in the way of presents, but whatever I do bring I was counting on just sneaking onto their balcony via our balcony (we had aft rooms booked on the 6th floor, so if anything were to be dropped during this maneuver it would be easy to retrieve based on how the layout is there - these dividers don't open so can't just walk room to room.  I had the whole thing planned out)

Hopefully your TA can get it all straightened out for you. I definitely understand your frustration.

They told the TA that they haven't began assigning balcony rooms yet and that is why we see GTY as our room number.  Which is obviously not true since @Firefly got assigned her hump balconies.  And no info on if they are extending the deadline for us. Not that I can see a reason for us to rebook (unless they somehow mess up and give us a room that isn't a balcony.  My mom and I suffer from severe claustrophobia so the balcony is non-negotiable for at least two rooms.  But I'm hoping they can't screw up that badly).  But for them to say we need to have made a decision by Aug 18 without them finishing our transfer is a bit silly.

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Adventure of the Seas - Dec 22, 2023 - Dec 30, 2023 (8 Night Eastern Caribbean Holiday Cruise)
  • 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, sleepy425 said:

Anyone else's app have this listed as a 5 day out of Texas?  Online says the right thing, but my husband got very confused when he logged in and saw a 5 night cruise out of Texas - poor guy assumed I booked another random cruise😜

I just checked again to be sure, but our app shows it correctly as being now Adventure out of Port Canaveral. With other app issues, people often find it useful to delete the Royal app and reinstall it. Hopefully that will fix the problem!

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

😬 Prices are NOT good anymore (and haven't been for a while, I know).  But life happens and we have an extra child (we swore no more, but sometimes life as a foster family is unpredictable and in July we said yes to a temporary teen and now he's permanently ours).  Thankfully my husband was on Liberty last week and got him booked into a single cabin at Next Cruise.  The original price they put the cabin on hold with was so high....but then when he went to book it the price had gone down $1k!!!  So still a crazy amount compared to what we paid, but we don't have to leave our new son home!

I emailed Crown and Anchor trying to get him added to our status.  I'm hoping they won't have an issue doing that.  And on Thursday we went and put in his passport application, so fingers crossed DCF did all the paper work correctly (I know he doesn't NEED the passport.  But we do prefer to have passports while cruising).

If you see a frazzled mom trying to avoid 5 kids, be sure to say hi!

On 9/11/2023 at 9:18 PM, sleepy425 said:

😬 Prices are NOT good anymore (and haven't been for a while, I know).  But life happens and we have an extra child (we swore no more, but sometimes life as a foster family is unpredictable and in July we said yes to a temporary teen and now he's permanently ours).  Thankfully my husband was on Liberty last week and got him booked into a single cabin at Next Cruise.  The original price they put the cabin on hold with was so high....but then when he went to book it the price had gone down $1k!!!  So still a crazy amount compared to what we paid, but we don't have to leave our new son home!

I emailed Crown and Anchor trying to get him added to our status.  I'm hoping they won't have an issue doing that.  And on Thursday we went and put in his passport application, so fingers crossed DCF did all the paper work correctly (I know he doesn't NEED the passport.  But we do prefer to have passports while cruising).

If you see a frazzled mom trying to avoid 5 kids, be sure to say hi!

I hope that you all have a great time (we were both adopted, congrats on your growing family ❤️)

• 1 month later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Adventure of the Seas - Dec 22, 2023 - Dec 30, 2023 (8 Night Eastern Caribbean Holiday Cruise)