xSAILEDx Adventure of the Seas - Dec 22, 2023 - Dec 30, 2023 (8 Night Eastern Caribbean Holiday Cruise)

• jabberwk changed the title to Voyager OTS - December 22, 2023 - Eastern Caribbean
3 hours ago, Firefly said:

Booked this cruise yesterday because of the incredible price and the eastern Caribbean itinerary. This will be our first Christmas at sea as well  because we usually refuse to pay the normal crazy holiday rates. 

Welcome!
The rates were good over all, although the fabulous rates were on Balconies (We usually sails in a suite because I haven’t figured out how to pack in a way that will fit in the balcony closets, my bad 😫). We had seen this one the night before we booked it as a “maybe.” Then a cruise friend of ours actually messaged us about it and said that some mutual cruise friends had messaged her from onboard about the balcony prices and all of them would be onboard. We didn’t need more convincing! We will be on for Christmas and the 6 day b2b days for the New Year. I think it will be super interesting to see the ship decorated. We did sail on thanksgiving once, but there was really no decor at that point.

I wish we could do the B2B, esp for the current prices. Our two teenage sons will be sailing with us in an adjacent balcony so talking my hubby into 2  cabins for both cruises wasn’t going to happen. I was just thrilled that he said “book it” when I showed him the prices for Christmas. We haven’t splurged on suites yet, but once it’s just hubby and I cruising without the boys in tow we might. We’ve done 2 early December cruises in the past and love sailing with the Christmas decorations on the ship. 

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Hmmmm….  I am looking at these 2 cruises.  I will sleep on it tonite and if the spirit moves me I may book them both.  Pretty good price and availability of aft JS.  I am not overly fond of the aft rooms on this class ship but….maybe.

Oh please do!!!! That would be great to finally meet you. There will be so many nice folks onboard (and I will be there too 😝). You can help me figure out how I’m going to decorate the panoramic suite for Christmas!

2 hours ago, Firefly said:

I wish we could do the B2B, esp for the current prices. Our two teenage sons will be sailing with us in an adjacent balcony so talking my hubby into 2  cabins for both cruises wasn’t going to happen. I was just thrilled that he said “book it” when I showed him the prices for Christmas. We haven’t splurged on suites yet, but once it’s just hubby and I cruising without the boys in tow we might. We’ve done 2 early December cruises in the past and love sailing with the Christmas decorations on the ship. 

We almost didn’t, we have rescue kitties and it is a long time to be gone (mention the cost of the pet sitting per day at 2 visits each day). But it reduces days off from work since 1/3 or more we would already have been off and we don’t do it often - that is the excuse I’m telling myself. But sometimes reality HAS to factor in - like work. I totally get it, but the Christmas one is 8 days, so you will be on the longest leg!

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Believe me, you do NOT want me anywhere near any kind of decorating decision.  I am so right-brained that I have virtually no left brain at all !  No imagination, no creativity.  UGH

😆  I guess I am a blend. Thankfully we are all different or only 10% of necessary tasks in the world would get done!

On 3/12/2022 at 8:50 PM, AlohaLivin said:

Oh please do!!!! That would be great to finally meet you. There will be so many nice folks onboard (and I will be there too 😝). You can help me figure out how I’m going to decorate the panoramic suite for Christmas!

Ok.  I had @michelleput a refundable deposit on JS 1156 for these 2 cruises.  I had promised myself I would NOT book any more cruises until the vax and testing requirements were gone but this is far enough in the future that I can actually hope (with some sense of reality) that they might be gone by then.

There are a bunch of aft JS available for both of these cruises but I am not a huge fan of the fantail rooms on Voyager and Freedom classes....and I thought these JS way up front looked interesting.  The balconies look enormous !  We'll see....

At least I'm smart enough to book a refundable deposit !  Just in case, ya know....

🤭

30 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Ok.  I had @michelleput a refundable deposit on JS 1156 for these 2 cruises.  I had promised myself I would NOT book any more cruises until the vax and testing requirements were gone but this is far enough in the future that I can actually hope (with some sense of reality) that they might be gone by then.

There are a bunch of aft JS available for both of these cruises but I am not a huge fan of the fantail rooms on Voyager and Freedom classes....and I thought these JS way up front looked interesting.  The balconies look enormous !  We'll see....

At least I'm smart enough to book a refundable deposit !  Just in case, ya know....

🤭

YAY!!!! ! I agree, this is so far into the figure that we have to assume there will be very different circumstances.  You could always get the panoramic suite next to ours, it is 1900 vs 1500+ (I know it was available on 12/30). 🤩 Eric likes it, it has the spaceship bathroom but it is near to so much and that view is fabulous (And we usually sail with some huge decks, but we’re hardly putting a foot on them). Refundable is always good when possible (on the panoramic suite it’s actually refundable, even though it’s now a full suite, I don’t know if that fell through the cracks or what).  Fingers crossed, all of them 🤞🏼

17 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

You could always get the panoramic suite next to ours, it is 1900 vs 1500+ (I know it was available on 12/30).

Ok....so I have Michelle checking the price on the VP (1854).  Currently it is available for both sailings.  Haven't decided which we will go with...but if we can book a full suite with a refundable, I will most likely go with that.  I will miss the big balcony on 1154 but I do like the looks of the VP...even if it doesn't have a balcony.

I'll see what Michelle comes back re: price.  It looks like it's going to be about $400PP more....so a total of $800 more (my quick calculation).  That price difference is negligible...so it looks like we are tending in that direction.

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

Got an aft balcony, refundable, the night it was released.      

Very reasonable and even more so for a holiday cruise.   Once Royal figures out it’s a holiday cruise I’m sure the rates will go up.  

This is excellent news.  Fingers crossed that we will be able to sail !!

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Ok....so I have Michelle checking the price on the VP (1854).  Currently it is available for both sailings.  Haven't decided which we will go with...but if we can book a full suite with a refundable, I will most likely go with that.  I will miss the big balcony on 1154 but I do like the looks of the VP...even if it doesn't have a balcony.

I'll see what Michelle comes back re: price.  It looks like it's going to be about $400PP more....so a total of $800 more (my quick calculation).  That price difference is negligible...so it looks like we are tending in that direction.

Yep, def refundable. To semi quote @twangster, it will be refundable until RCCL realizes it’s a full suite 😉 And you are correct on the price difference being about 400pp which on a holiday sailing with the added benefits is pretty good  (even if not oasis class) and with that view it is surely worth it (we used the bunk bed  area for suitcase and the occasional extra bed for DH when there’s a snoring situation 😂). The closets and vanity storage areas are the same size as an OH and that view is gorgeous! And we will be neighbors! 🤞🏼 Tracy and David will be around the corner (they are very nice, laid back). It will be such a good time with new and old cruising friends (especially nice since we have lost all our mutual sailings these last years). 👩🏻🤝👩🏼

8F15AA85-5258-4046-83D3-E7D0C729F892.jpeg

23 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Nope.  Not until the vax and testing requirements are dead.  After that...WATCH OUT !

With my mother now gone for 2 years, the holidays feel quite different.  We actually were in this suite on Adventure  two weeks after we lost her (for Thanksgiving) and it was a not a great deal of fun for me needless to say. I think this time is going to be FAR better and with friends onboard it will be even nicer. Some of our favorite people, old and new, will be on board. I don’t want wish time away, but I’m really looking forward to these two cruises! 💃🏼🕺🏼

7 hours ago, jabberwk said:

Since you all seem to be seasoned cruisers, I'd like your opinion. My husband and I are considering an Arctic Circle cruise or a Panama Canal cruise for 2024. Have you been on either? Which would you recommend?

We never have, although were booked in a star suite for repositioning Cruise to the panama canal that was sadly canceled in 2020 😣 we will get around to scheduling another, but it won’t be until at least the middle of 2023 as we have too many cruises booked and have a daughter‘s wedding 🤯

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, catsinthecottage said:

We are booked! The deal is unbelievable. I don''t ever splurge on suites and I happen to prefer inside cabins, so super great prices for me. Our only other Xmas cruise was 2019 and we LOVED it. So excited to do it again! 

I know! Crazy good! We have never sailed during Christmas, we are so looking forward to this. Welcome 🎄

• 4 weeks later...

We booked this back in April.  $1900/balcony for 3 people in each (we have 4 kids).  Can't believe the price!  We have done 2 Thanksgiving sailings on Anthem and have a third booked, and they were each around $5500 for 6 of us.  

Now I am eyeing the Voyager Easter 2024 sailling...it is cheaper than I paid for this one.

On 6/15/2022 at 9:24 PM, sleepy425 said:

We booked this back in April.  $1900/balcony for 3 people in each (we have 4 kids).  Can't believe the price!  We have done 2 Thanksgiving sailings on Anthem and have a third booked, and they were each around $5500 for 6 of us.  

Now I am eyeing the Voyager Easter 2024 sailling...it is cheaper than I paid for this one.

Wow, it is hard for me to think of 2024 now 😂 But yes, this was an amazing deal. We booked in March and got one of the panoramic suites - not as good a deal as the balconies for sure, but still not close to what we would expect for a Christmas cruise! Welcome to the roll call 😊

• 1 month later...

Just received this email. Looks like we are being moved to Adventure with same itinerary.

Dear Guest,

The International Maritime Organization recently shared new speed regulations we must adhere to and as a result, we’ve repositioned some of our ships for our upcoming 2023/2024 season. Our original plan for Voyager of the Seas was to offer sailings departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida through November 4th, 2023, and Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida beginning November 10th, 2023. Instead, Voyager will now sail from Galveston, Texas beginning May 9th, 2023.

Adventure of the Seas will now take Voyager’s place in Florida and will offer similar itineraries! Starting July 28th, 2022, we’ll automatically move you to the new Adventure of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original Voyager of the Seas cruise. You’ll receive like-for-like accommodations onboard Adventure of the Seas, and your amenities will remain the same.

Your vacation is important to us. While we’re confident you’ll have an amazing time onboard Adventure and enjoy many of the same features as Voyager, we still want you to have the flexibility to make the best decision for you and those in your party. Below, we’ve outlined your options along with a few additional details.

20 minutes ago, jabberwk said:

Just received this email. Looks like we are being moved to Adventure with same itinerary.

Dear Guest,

The International Maritime Organization recently shared new speed regulations we must adhere to and as a result, we’ve repositioned some of our ships for our upcoming 2023/2024 season. Our original plan for Voyager of the Seas was to offer sailings departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida through November 4th, 2023, and Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida beginning November 10th, 2023. Instead, Voyager will now sail from Galveston, Texas beginning May 9th, 2023.

Adventure of the Seas will now take Voyager’s place in Florida and will offer similar itineraries! Starting July 28th, 2022, we’ll automatically move you to the new Adventure of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original Voyager of the Seas cruise. You’ll receive like-for-like accommodations onboard Adventure of the Seas, and your amenities will remain the same.

Your vacation is important to us. While we’re confident you’ll have an amazing time onboard Adventure and enjoy many of the same features as Voyager, we still want you to have the flexibility to make the best decision for you and those in your party. Below, we’ve outlined your options along with a few additional details.

Should be easier to change the title here to the new sailing than at CC at least 👍🏼 strange that I didn’t get a separate email for the back to back for New Year’s. I’m just going to have to presume though the same thing applies.

• jabberwk changed the title to Adventure OTS - December 22, 2023 - Eastern Caribbean
1 hour ago, AlohaLivin said:

Should be easier to change the title here to the new sailing than at CC at least 👍🏼 strange that I didn’t get a separate email for the back to back for New Year’s. I’m just going to have to presume though the same thing applies.

@michelle sent me an email showing the change from VY to AD and it showed both booking numbers - both Christmas and NY.

I told her that as long as they transferred my booking to the same category (VP) and it remained a refundable deposit then we would just change ships and stay put.  It’s a shame (slightly) b/c I was looking forward to sailing on VY since I’ve never been on VY.  Not a big deal.  Virtually identical ships.

13 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

@michelle sent me an email showing the change from VY to AD and it showed both booking numbers - both Christmas and NY.

I told her that as long as they transferred my booking to the same category (VP) and it remained a refundable deposit then we would just change ships and stay put.  It’s a shame (slightly) b/c I was looking forward to sailing on VY since I’ve never been on VY.  Not a big deal.  Virtually identical ships.

I haven’t gotten that information yet. I hope they confirm that for me soon! We also haven’t been on voyage or we’re looking forward to that, but as long as it’s the same price we’re good 😂 I will feel a lot better when we get a confirmation on it.

52 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

P.S Mattie just responded and said Roy had not started moving people yet. So Michele sent you a new invoice/ confirmation? He said it would be a one for one move, but I just don’t wanna worry about it 😞

No.  Not a new confirmation, just notification of the “switch” with the options (same email that’s been going around online).  At the bottom of that email it shows our names and the booking numbers.

This morning when I checked CruisingPower, the “new” AD sailing for 12-30-23 is showing and it shows -0- availability for VP which has me a bit worried.  Hopefully that means they’ve blocked those rooms out but I’ve heard of too many bad experiences with this kind of thing.  Since the sailing is up on CP anyone can book that sailing so people who have one-of-a-kind rooms (like the VP or the RS) could well have their rooms booked out from under my them before any transfers take place.  I just wish they would close bookings for this sailing until they had moved everyone from VY, over but I don’t think that’s happening.

The 12-22-33 AD sailing is not even on the website yet but maybe that’s a good thing.  

We are still showing Voyager. We booked 2 adjacent hump balconies so fingers and toes crossed we are assigned the same rooms. Our teens are still minors so Royal better not screw this up. Our group has a total of 8 staterooms so it will be interesting to see if we all keep the same staterooms or if someone gets moved around. I doubt C&A status means much in these situations but will be interesting since we are Diamond and 3 of the staterooms are first time with Royal.

3 hours ago, Firefly said:

We are still showing Voyager. We booked 2 adjacent hump balconies so fingers and toes crossed we are assigned the same rooms. Our teens are still minors so Royal better not screw this up. Our group has a total of 8 staterooms so it will be interesting to see if we all keep the same staterooms or if someone gets moved around. I doubt C&A status means much in these situations but will be interesting since we are Diamond and 3 of the staterooms are first time with Royal.

Are you not seeing your new staterooms yet? Ours showed up this morning (although a letter this afternoon from our TA said the invoices and the price matching would lag behind).

• 2 weeks later...