Antigen test

Rickster

On 3/4/2022 at 1:22 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

I always go to EMed.

Hello! Just trying to find out more info before we use ours for the first time for our upcoming March cruise. Any particular reason why you use EMed? and do we find it at the Emed website if using a laptop? Thanks for any help!

3 hours ago, cruisers2 said:

Hello! Just trying to find out more info before we use ours for the first time for our upcoming March cruise. Any particular reason why you use EMed? and do we find it at the Emed website if using a laptop? Thanks for any help!

EMed is the only service that I'm aware that proctors the Abbot Binax test.  The link for testing is on the home page, no matter what device or computer you're using.

If  you're using a laptop (and I always do), just make sure you have a decent amount of space on your table and that you can maneuver the camera so it can see your face, and then also the table surface in front of you, where they'll want to watch you do the test.  Some say it's easier to use a phone camera - I just found that gave me more to juggle with my hands.  It's super easy, just make sure you have enough room so you don't accidentally knock the test onto the ground (which will invalidate it - fwiw, I lock the cat up during these tests as well so she doesn't do something dumb like jump on a table and step on it or be a cat and knock it off).

@SpeedNoodles - that sounds quite easy.  I'm hoping that Canadians/International cruisers like myself, especially those getting on board Radiance for Vancouver -Alaska - April 29th, have a similar option to do the antigen test when getting onboard.  At least with flying to Vancouver, rather than an American port, I'm not needing an antigen test ... BUT ... when getting onboard a cruise ship in Canadian waters, it's just seems so complicated.  All I know, hopefully RCI will be able to understand all the rules/regs for Canadian ports, so it's less stressful for all of us.  I hear of many Americans on B2B on the cruise I'm on, just not getting off the ship while in a 🇨🇦 port.  It's the ones though that say to avoid Canada ports for future cruises that is so sad.  Sigh.  

Okay, back to work I go !  Oh can't wait to hit the open waters in a few months!!! I live through all of you who are currently cruising.