Help Please!!!

DW, who is a TA, and I booked the Spring Transatlantic on the Harmony in 2021 then covid. You know the story no use to explain. It was departing on April 4th I think. Then that was changed to Allure with a departure of April 24th so we just changed to this. Then it changed again in September of 2021 to Wonder but changed the date to April 20th. We had purchased our airline (non refundable, lesson learned) before the change of sailing dates. Airline will not refund and insurance will not also citing we could not produce a cancellation letter from RC (first problem). We never received a letter but just heard of it through the grapevine so to speak. RC then sent out a memo stating that they would reimburse up to 400 per person for international flight.  DW has been on the phone with RC for at least 12 hours total after just hanging up on them as they have moved her from person to person and are doing everything in their arsenal not to reimburse us. 

Any help would be appreciated on who to get in touch with or call.

In most cases like this Royal reimburses $200 per person for domestic flight changes and $400 for international flight changes (If I recall correctly).  But as a TA I'm sure your DW knows this.  A guest will get an email address to send the change fee receipt to.   Perhaps your DW can find a letter from an impacted guest from a previous similar event.  

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

In most cases like this Royal reimburses $200 per person for domestic flight changes and $400 for international flight changes (If I recall correctly).  But as a TA I'm sure your DW knows this.  A guest will get an email address to send the change fee receipt to.   Perhaps your DW can find a letter from an impacted guest from a previous similar event.  

Thanks Twangster and I am really looking forward to your review of the Wonder!! This is a cruise for us and of course she is happy this is us and not a client (even though she has 2 others going with us)  For some reason we have received no change for anything from RC either as the TA or guest. 

15 hours ago, fa-li said:

Have you tried changing your air travel yet? Many airlines are not charging change fees right now even on “nonrefundable” tickets 

That was the first thing I did.  It was a restriction/non-refundable ticket. They cited $2000 for same flight 4 days later. I re-booked for less than 1/2 that amount. I went round and round with the airline for several days and even had airline cancellation insurance that found a loophole to not pay.  It has been very frustrating but also very discouraging with RCCL and the huge run-a-round I have been given. This started in Oct 2021 and many emails, many people (always a different person replying to an email) many phone numbers later no resolution. 

For me, it goes beyond the monetary issue to the customer service issue. You would think/hope as a TA they would want to help me resolve this showing what a great company and service oriented they are. As my DH said, I am just grateful this happened to me and not one of my clients. 

I will add, I love RCCL product. I think it is one of the best top to bottom and will still choose to sail with them, but they have major communication and knowledge issues that makes things very challenging when an issue does arise.