Royal App issue with check-in/health

Greetings

i had an issue my past 2 cruises where I could not complete the health portion within 24 hours (to be able to board the ship)….2nd time I was able to have my sister-in-law do it via her app since our reservations were linked. 2nd was a B2B to that so I was able to do a paper copy 

now trying to add vax card and passport  for March 27 and April 3 cruise to the app and I get “check in has checked out”.  I can manually add my passport to Check-in via the website.  However I can’t add the vax card on the website, the app worked fine for me prior to February.  I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app, no help.

any advice? Thank you!

My app's been acting weird today too. For a while it couldn't see my upcoming cruises at all, then I was getting the same "check-in has checked out" message as you mentioned when I tried to add more info to our check-ins. Then it only listed our August cruise and not our April cruise. At one point it also had our cabin assignments wrong--we have two connecting cabins, husband assigned to one with one of the kids and me assigned to the other with 2 of the kids, and for a while it looked like all 3 of the kids were assigned to the cabin with me and no one with my husband. Maybe the back end of the app is glitching somehow? Everything's back to normal with mine now.

Sometimes they will open checkin early on accident.  At one point I had access on my B2B cruise about 4 months out on one cruise but it took forever on the other till it did.  In the mean time the first one that had opened had lost access and gained it back a couple times even after the other one opened up but usually was only a day or two.  Who knows what happened but I like to think the squirrel in the cage for the one that was staying up had a better handler who remembered to change them out from time to time and the other cruise that didn't show up was a little more lax in that department till his supervisor chewed him out. 

Anyway it's usually about 45 days before the cruise leaves that access is stable for that stuff.  So give it a day or two just in case the squirrel had a heart attack.  If it's messing up after a couple days call RCCL and see what they can do on their end as something may be stuck.

The cruises are March 27/April 3

still the same error message

called RC and they had me do what I already did, uninstall and reinstall the app and ensure the phone is updated. Then told me to make sure I bring my documents and “just do it at the pier”.  (Vax card)  I told him I’ve had no problems these past 6 months. Even tried logging in on my daughters phone, same error message.  So be it, this will slow me down slightly 

Doing stuff ahead of time saves a little bit of a headache but honestly isn't needed to get on the ship.  If you have a computer you may try to access there as well.  Sadly while a lot of places have apps and such they are still not as good as a full website.  You could try the website on the phone browser but that can be hit and miss.

Updating apps and such as well as a reboot can often solve issues, the OS being up to date should have little influence unless that phone is really old and honestly will not likely have updates available.  It's just a catch all that companies try to pull.  Very rarely will the OS version cause an issue, I should know because my tablet is an S4 and hasn't had anything other than a few security updates since October 2020 when Android 10 was pushed to it.