Laundry service cost

2 hours ago, Kdwilly said:

We’re going to be doing a back to back coming up and we’ll be needing our laundry done. I was checking the prices and wondering if I’m looking at it correctly. Is it actually $1.99 per underwear 😳

I just got off of a B2B and they had a special as much as you can put into a small bag for $29.   I took some tide pods and washed some items to get me through the second week in the sink.  I washed them in the sink and then rinsed them in the shower.  When I did my blue jeans I had to use the blow dryer to finish drying them.  The other cloths dried overnight.

Doing laundry in sink or shower works - but the issue is drying clothes.  There is a short clothesline in the shower; take a few clothespins to hang clothing.  If you shower in the morning, wash clothes then, and hang until next morning.  Vice versa for night showers - although days with two showers change the picture somewhat. Most clothing will be dry.  As Traveling Mike stated, the hair dryer is always available for stubbornly-damp clothing.  You can also consider bringing a short length of light weight clothesline.  We traveled an around-the world cruise doing this.  If still a fringe benefit, limited free bags of laundry are available, depending on status. Several other cruise lines offer laundermats on some ships.

15 hours ago, Allen2 said:

Doing laundry in sink or shower works - but the issue is drying clothes.  There is a short clothesline in the shower; take a few clothespins to hang clothing.  If you shower in the morning, wash clothes then, and hang until next morning.  Vice versa for night showers - although days with two showers change the picture somewhat. Most clothing will be dry.  As Traveling Mike stated, the hair dryer is always available for stubbornly-damp clothing.  You can also consider bringing a short length of light weight clothesline.  We traveled an around-the world cruise doing this.  If still a fringe benefit, limited free bags of laundry are available, depending on status. Several other cruise lines offer laundermats on some ships.

The other thing that helps is I get a couple of extra towels.  Then I roll the wet clothing up in the towels for a couple of hours.  The dry towels will pull the moisture from the wet cloths.  Then I hang them up on cloth hangers to finish drying.

I don't like that it costs so much but my husband and I are cheap and lazy travelers these days so I would rather pay $20 to wash our 4-t-shirts and 2-jeans than pay the $50-$60 to pack and carry a checked bag to the airport. lol That saves us enough for like more 2 cocktails onboard. 😉

Edited by SemperMom
fingers faster than brain.

Doing a TA soon. One of the folks on  the message board suggested a Clothesline.  We are planning a back pack trip to Europe upon disembarkation.  Plan to wash my delicates by hand, and hopefully can wear a shirt more than once. In middle school we changed out our gym clothes once a week. Kinda will feel the same.