Where is Allure going 23/24?

Allure being absent from the 7 night/long caribbean release and Harmony now confirmed in its place it has got me thinking about where its going.. Here's some ideas I was thinking... 

• To Europe to be amplified (although this would only probably take out a few months of service)
  • Transferred to the West Coast out of Los Angeles (but not sure if demand is there yet for an Oasis Class ship?)
  • Transferred to Australia and/or Asia 

Love to hear what your thoughts are on where its headed?

6 hours ago, Shanenz84 said:

Allure being absent from the 7 night/long caribbean release and Harmony now confirmed in its place it has got me thinking about where its going.. Here's some ideas I was thinking... 

• To Europe to be amplified (although this would only probably take out a few months of service)
  • Transferred to the West Coast out of Los Angeles (but not sure if demand is there yet for an Oasis Class ship?)

Interesting you asked that.

The commercial shipping schedules for Sydney like crew centre ,cruise dig have wiped the 23-24 season .No Royal Caribbean ships are scheduled for Sydney.

All the other brands are there ,all the carnival group,also including Celebrity edge ,silverseas,Azamara. But no RCCL

Sydney port authority has been down for 2 years,so it’s a bit hard to confirm anything.

I think it all hinges on Spectrum.

If spectrum goes back to Hong Kong,what replaces it in Singapore?       Ovation ?

My thoughts are a oasis class in Sydney and it will go to Singapore in our winter.Then the 2 Quantum class will then go to Alaska.

Also another thing to think about is the US market is saturated with big ships and then comes Icon to bump Allure out of port Canaveral.

Looks like Allure is doing short cruises from Port Canaveral then going by that test load on the site. Interesting, this will be confirmed next week anyway. Looks like Australia might just have to wait until 24-25 then, there will be another Oasis (#6) available by then.

UGH …… I hope they don’t make Allure replace Wonder in Port Canaveral after April 2024!  That would be horrible!  We finally have a nice ship near to Orlando with Wonder coming!  Harmony is just eh, and Allure is even worse because it isn’t amplified for the kids and doesn’t have the new suite neighborhood Wonder has. 

The way Royal has been switching and cancelling ships anything is possible.

Take icon into equation , from what I understand it will be in service the third quarter of next year.

The most likely place is Port Canaveral because of the fuel supply.   So it’s not impossible for Royal switch Allure for Icon.

On 3/3/2022 at 12:00 PM, Shanenz84 said:

My guess is we wont get an Oasis here until Lelepa is ready.

Then it will be an Oasis in the summer, plus maybe a Radiance as well. Also a Quantum year round.

A Quantum here year round was  planned for 2022 before covid hit. It was on the Sydney port schedule out of Sydney all the way up until Jun 2022. Lelepa was originally due to be completed in 2022.

18 hours ago, Chili said:

The most likely place is Port Canaveral because of the fuel supply.   So it’s not impossible for Royal switch Allure for Icon.

I had this thought, too, but it would be a tough pill for Royal to swallow loosing all that potential revenue by having Icon taking the already booked lower-priced sailings from Allure like Wonder did for Harmony.  I'm wondering whether the new terminal at Galveston would have the bandwidth to accommodate both Allure and Icon for a period of time for Icon's debut in Q3 2023?

4 hours ago, jeffmw said:

I'm assuming once things are more financially stable they are going to reschedule Allure's dry dock, so that could be part of it. It's now the only Oasis ship without water slides and several other things that were supposed to be added during its dry dock in 2020. 

This is my thinking as well especially with Wonder in service in the US.

4 hours ago, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

I had this thought, too, but it would be a tough pill for Royal to swallow loosing all that potential revenue by having Icon taking the already booked lower-priced sailings from Allure like Wonder did for Harmony.  I'm wondering whether the new terminal at Galveston would have the bandwidth to accommodate both Allure and Icon for a period of time for Icon's debut in Q3 2023?

Michael Baley said about a year ago the the Galveston terminal will be built to accommodate Icon class. There’s LNG there but if Harmony is there  would there be the market?

They could use barges to fuel wonder if it home ported somewhere else. I believe there’s a couple on the eastcoast but from what understand they are pretty busy.

18 hours ago, mattymay said:

My guess is we wont get an Oasis here until Lelepa is ready.

Then it will be an Oasis in the summer, plus maybe a Radiance as well. Also a Quantum year round.

A Quantum here year round was  planned for 2022 before covid hit. It was on the Sydney port schedule out of Sydney all the way up until Jun 2022. Lelepa was originally due to be completed in 2022.

I don’t know if you got that C & A email  with the bloke who is in charge of building their private islands. He name is Olivier Colimon . I tried to email him a couple of weeks ago and get some information on Lelepa but I didn’t get a reply.
What do you think his email would be? ocolimon@rccl.com ?

1A469327-4B27-48EE-BE01-81D9545C901A.thumb.png.b2a513d29c8298083e2511a7aa4cdbca.png

Hmm...there's barely any time to fully enjoy the ship before you're off on a 3/4 nighter let alone on an Oasis Class. Will all of the amenities even be used to their maximum? Or all of the entertainment? They'll no doubt have to change the product up considerably for this market, there would only be one sea day between both sailings each week for starters. 

I know why they've did it of course, they've found a cash cow on the short runs ever since the new CocoCay opened. Regardless, I think everything Allure as a ship has to offer will be wasted on 3/4 nighters.

I know you won’t be able to enjoy all this ship has to offer but for me who loves to do 3 night sailings, living so close to the port, I can’t wait! After doing Mariner and independence so many times, it will be nice to have a larger ship to enjoy on a quick weekend getaway. It may entice some to do b2b as well.   ~Amy

16 minutes ago, amyrferg75 said:

I know you won’t be able to enjoy all this ship has to offer but for me who loves to do 3 night sailings, living so close to the port, I can’t wait! After doing Mariner and independence so many times, it will be nice to have a larger ship to enjoy on a quick weekend getaway. It may entice some to do b2b as well.   ~Amy

Flying in for a B2B when Covid testing, and subsequent quadratic positive, is dangerous.  I cancelled the 3 day portion of my B2B with my college age kids due to this concern. Turns out upon return home one of them tested positive.(no symptoms)  I won’t be booking any 3/4 night B2B if I have that increased risk.  However I think it’s great for those looking gif a shorter cruise! 

I think it is all about offering customers more options.  Will guest be able to take advantage of everything the ship has to offer no they won't but that doesn't necessarily mean it is a waste to put an Oasis Class ship on 3/4 night Coco Cay/Bahamas cruise.  How many guests are taking full advantage of everything an Oasis Class ship offers on a 7 night cruise? People pick and choose what activities are important to them and what they want to partake in. As competitive as the 3/4 night Bahamas cruise segment has gotten over the past few years especially out of Florida (it is more than just Coco Cay) this segment of the market just like everything else in the has become increasingly competitive with other cruise lines using larger ships on these cruises.  Just as an example MSC Cruises is currently (or at least they were) using Meragivlia on 3/4 night cruises out of Orlando this winter. NCL looks like they will deploy NLC Joy which is a newer ship (built 2017) on 3/4 night Bahamas cruises.  So we are seeing cruise lines move in the direction of putting newer larger ships with a lot more onboard activities in this 3/4 night market and I think it is great for guest who enjoy taking those cruises.  With 5 Oasis Class ships I think it is great Royal has decided to put Allure in 3/4 night Bahamas market.  For guest who want more time to enjoy the ship there are 4 other Oasis Class ships to choose from. 

Sailing Allure now and realized I’m spoiled with the newer/upgraded Oasis ships.  Was happy when I heard of it going to Galveston, but it has  fewer toys than Freedom class Liberty which might be a disappointment for families.  Think it’s going to need amplified to build a Texas following.  Especially if Harmony shows up for a late 23 tour.

On 3/9/2022 at 6:21 PM, Joe01 said:

I know why they've did it of course, they've found a cash cow on the short runs ever since the new CocoCay opened. Regardless, I think everything Allure as a ship has to offer will be wasted on 3/4 nighters.

7 hours ago, amyrferg75 said:

‘We live in Orlando and would probably do a lot of weekend cruises throughout the year, especially on long school holiday weekends and in the summer ………. We don’t really care for the older, smaller ships even if it is just for a weekend.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Royal moves Mariner and Independence somewhere else once they have Allure here doing 4/3’s.  You can’t fit the passengers from both on the one ship and give them so many more options for everything ……. Especially if Allure gets amplified before then.

9 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

‘We live in Orlando and would probably do a lot of weekend cruises throughout the year, especially on long school holiday weekends and in the summer ………. We don’t really care for the older, smaller ships even if it is just for a weekend.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Royal moves Mariner and Independence somewhere else once they have Allure here doing 4/3’s.  You can’t fit the passengers from both on the one ship and give them so many more options for everything ……. Especially if Allure gets amplified before then.

I can't see them amplifying Allure before this. I think the shorter cruises on an oasis class will help pay for the amplifications. RCG hasn't made it to the black yet. Amplifications aren't high on the list. I think they are doing this to open up markets.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

I can't see them amplifying Allure before this. I think the shorter cruises on an oasis class will help pay for the amplifications. RCG hasn't made it to the black yet. Amplifications aren't high on the list. I think they are doing this to open up markets.

Even not amplified ….. I’d still much rather take a weekend cruise from Port Canaveral on Allure than on Mariner or Independence …… I could see my family doing a lot of weekend cruises every year if an Oasis class ship does 4/3’s regularly only an hour drive from home.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2022 at 6:38 PM, JasonOasis said:

I think it is all about offering customers more options.  Will guest be able to take advantage of everything the ship has to offer no they won't but that doesn't necessarily mean it is a waste to put an Oasis Class ship on 3/4 night Coco Cay/Bahamas cruise.  How many guests are taking full advantage of everything an Oasis Class ship offers on a 7 night cruise? People pick and choose what activities are important to them and what they want to partake in. As competitive as the 3/4 night Bahamas cruise segment has gotten over the past few years especially out of Florida (it is more than just Coco Cay) this segment of the market just like everything else in the has become increasingly competitive with other cruise lines using larger ships on these cruises.  Just as an example MSC Cruises is currently (or at least they were) using Meragivlia on 3/4 night cruises out of Orlando this winter. NCL looks like they will deploy NLC Joy which is a newer ship (built 2017) on 3/4 night Bahamas cruises.  So we are seeing cruise lines move in the direction of putting newer larger ships with a lot more onboard activities in this 3/4 night market and I think it is great for guest who enjoy taking those cruises.  With 5 Oasis Class ships I think it is great Royal has decided to put Allure in 3/4 night Bahamas market.  For guest who want more time to enjoy the ship there are 4 other Oasis Class ships to choose from. 

100% agreed.  I am super excited about this living so close to the port I would love to do more weekend cruises, but I refuse to ever go on a small ship again.  I did a 4 night and disliked being on a ship with nothing, it was old, food options were super limited and weren't that great, etc.  So I was very excited to hear this news.

On 4/8/2022 at 11:40 PM, IzzyB said:

100% agreed.  I am super excited about this living so close to the port I would love to do more weekend cruises, but I refuse to ever go on a small ship again.  I did a 4 night and disliked being on a ship with nothing, it was old, food options were super limited and weren't that great, etc.  So I was very excited to hear this news.

Don’t mean to sound rude, but what do you consider small? Voyager and Freedom class? Radiance Class? Vision class? And have you been on Voyager or Freedom class since they have been amplified? They are incredible ships with a lot to do.

4 hours ago, Joseph Wahoski said:

Don’t mean to sound rude, but what do you consider small? Voyager and Freedom class? Radiance Class? Vision class? And have you been on Voyager or Freedom class since they have been amplified? They are incredible ships with a lot to do.

‘Mariner, for example, even though it’s been amplified ….. they did nothing to update the rooms. They’re old, dated, and worn ….. plus the public areas are always HOT ….. don’t know if it’s just and old AC system that can’t keep up anymore or if they purposely keep it hot to save money .

On 4/10/2022 at 7:16 PM, Joseph Wahoski said:

Last time I was on RC it was under 100K and it was the ship that was expanded.  It was terrible.  Now I will admit I haven't looked at weekend cruises since Covid hit as we have been trying to do a week long with the kids since they haven't been on a cruise yet.  My husband is not a fan of cruises, so we are starting with Oasis Class so he feels less claustrophobic.  I do see that Independence of the Sea sales for PC for 3 day cruises now, so that might not be bad to try either.  It appears they offer more ships than when I went in late 2016 when you had only under 100k to choose from.  I know I looked in 2018/2019 as we were thinking of a cruise then and it seemed they were still small then too and so I gave up trying to get my husband to try a weekend cruise.

8 minutes ago, IzzyB said:

Last time I was on RC it was under 100K and it was the ship that was expanded.  It was terrible.  Now I will admit I haven't looked at weekend cruises since Covid hit as we have been trying to do a week long with the kids since they haven't been on a cruise yet.  My husband is not a fan of cruises, so we are starting with Oasis Class so he feels less claustrophobic.  I do see that Independence of the Sea sales for PC for 3 day cruises now, so that might not be bad to try either.  It appears they offer more ships than when I went in late 2016 when you had only under 100k to choose from.  I know I looked in 2018/2019 as we were thinking of a cruise then and it seemed they were still small then too and so I gave up trying to get my husband to try a weekend cruise.

Ah ok, that was Enchantment of the Seas. The smaller/older ships have a certain charm for a lot of people but I’m not a fan either. I just got off Symphony of the Seas a couple weeks ago and it was amazing. I have done many other Royal cruises on Voyager and Freedom Class ships, and Oasis class is definitely the way to go for someone who feels claustrophobic. There is so much space and so many things to do/places to eat. The Freedom class is not bad either. Still a huge ship, especially compared to Enchantment of the Seas. I hope you can work it out! You won’t be disappointed and your husband might find himself pleasantly surprised!

On 4/10/2022 at 11:45 PM, ChrisK2793 said:

‘Mariner, for example, even though it’s been amplified ….. they did nothing to update the rooms. They’re old, dated, and worn ….. plus the public areas are always HOT ….. don’t know if it’s just and old AC system that can’t keep up anymore or if they purposely keep it hot to save money .

I love the Voyager and Freedom class. Sure they will be small next to an Oasis class ship, but everything would be. Voyager and Freedom class ships are still among the largest ships to date. I do agree with you about the room situation though. The greens and pinks thing that they have going on in the rooms on the older ship are totally out of style and I’m really surprised that they didn’t at least update the carpet and curtains during the amplifications. Sure it would cost a lot more, but so what?

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2022 at 6:57 PM, ChrisK2793 said:

UGH …… I hope they don’t make Allure replace Wonder in Port Canaveral after April 2024!  That would be horrible!  We finally have a nice ship near to Orlando with Wonder coming!  Harmony is just eh, and Allure is even worse because it isn’t amplified for the kids and doesn’t have the new suite neighborhood Wonder has. 

This is old but man, Texas really sucks I guess. Everyone I know here is freaking out about being able to sail Oasis class from Galveston. Opinion from Florida: Allure is horrible and harmony is just eh. 

Meanwhile I'm over here like a street urchin begging for any ship with Izumi that does 7 nighters like a peasant. 😂